View Single Post
Old 05-04-2002, 11:51 PM   #17
2000stanggirl
Registered Member

Granted, I'm a newbie to this board, and I happen to be female....BUT I want to chime in anyway.

I will admit I have never driven a newer Z28, and I do have great respect for them. That being said, I have taken one down by a respectable distance from a stop in a slightly modded '00 GT. It was some high school kid....so maybe he just didn't know how to handle it....maybe it was a fluke, but it did happen.

I'm not sure of the performance differences of T/A's and Z28's (I've never been even the slightest bit interested in Camaros) but I owned a 94 T/A 6 spd. and the GT doesn't seem to have as much HP as the T/A did, but it out-handles it by FAR! I assume the Z28's are pretty much like the T/A's in handling.

Also, it isn't just about rwhp. Just because you lay it to the ground, doesn't mean it takes you anywhere. Tire grip can win or lose a race.

I say great kill Merc. Only you know what happened out there on the streets and it when it comes down to it, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks (believes) and great car!! LOL

2000 Performance Red Mustang GT

Current Mods:
Flowmaster Catback
MAC Cold Air Induction w/ K&N
March U/D Pulleys
Hypertech Power Programmer III
17X9 Cobra R Rims
White Face Gauges
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter

Future Mods:
3.73's or 4.10's?
O/R X-pipe,