MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-06-2001, 04:49 PM   #1
rbatson

Angry RX-7 Grrrr....

I dropped my 89 off to have the aod adjusted. After the stallion was installed the gear selection was screwed up and the car rode bad, jerking when rpm's were low and such. I picked the car up after hours and on the way home...
I run into this little RX-7 with the big coffee can muffler I've seen around town(young kid). I am passing him slowly and he gives no indication that he wants some, but I keep an eye on him. He drops back a ways then I see him coming up(must of dropped back to build up speed). I floor it and try to downshift into 2nd. WTF?!? It won't go into 2nd!!! GRRRR.. He starts to pull and I finally just give it up, I'm pinging like crazy. Something else I need to address, I forgot(so much on my mind) that I need to get a timing retard since the blower is hooked up. So, no excuses... he won that one. Makes me mad, I can't hold 1st or 2nd gear now!! I gotta go get it adjusted... again.
To quote incubus; PARDON ME WHILE I BURST!! I guess there is next time...

------------------
Rick
My 89lx(updated 11/5/2000)
My 97 Cobra
Old 01-07-2001, 12:58 AM   #2
Ty'97Cobra
Registered Member

Talking

Kinda makes you wish you had driven the Cobra, huh?

Get that '89 fixed!!!!

------------------
1997 Black Cobra Convertible. #2788 of 3088
Mostly Stock
1988 5.0 LX Convertible -Work Car...Few Mods.
Ty'97Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2001, 10:23 PM   #3
KillaZ350
Registered Member

Unhappy

Thas sux, look for him after you get it fixed then lay it on em...

------------------
1991 Z28 Camaro L98 5.7

http://www.IROC-Z.org/3rdgen/BandetZ28-resized.jpg
http://www.IROC-Z.org/3rdgen/BandetZ28-2-resized.jpg
KillaZ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2001, 08:45 PM   #4
fastang
Registered Member

I REALY hate it when that happens. They think theyre the **** when you KNOW you could have beat them. Fix your car and FIND him...stalk him...destroy him.

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, milled heads, K&N, off road pipes, ADS chip, pulleys, msd coil,9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, weld in subframe connectors
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2001, 11:00 PM   #5
rbatson

Talking

Ty'97Cobra that was actually my 2nd thought(wish I had the Cobra right now), the first was WTF?!?!?!$#%^!@#$^!(heeh)
I tell ya guys I have been thinking about it, this might actually be a good thing. I'm sure he is feeling pretty good 'bout now. He probably has a good story for his buddies, talking it up and such. My mechanic said that with the stock rims and hood my 89 looks stock, I should take it to the local hangout and see what bites. Maybe make alittle money . I'm sure after this he(rx7) will be more confident and ready to jump next chance he gets. I must say though, that little car did suprise me. Even though I was stuck in 3rd I never would have thought that little car could have pulled. Its a 93-up, it was forcing some air through the exhaust I wonder if he had turbos. Anyhow, he pulled pretty good but 2nd gear in my car is a world of difference from 3rd.
I'll be sure to let you know when we meet again. This sure is good motivation to get this car straighten out! I hope he has a buddy riding with him next time.

[This message has been edited by rbatson (edited 01-08-2001).]
Old 01-14-2001, 11:52 AM   #6
rbatson

I was at a party last night and was talking to a guy that recently sold his rx7. I was telling him about the motorcycle I ran yesterday and that I was on the look out for a rx7 like the one he had. He said he knew of the guy that had the rx7 in question. He also said that car had upgraded twin turbos and about $20k in mods(not sure I believe that, but he does live in a $350 house). He said that rx7 had outrun bikes too but he knew my car would out run him but... I'll never get the chance. He totaled the car going around a curve too fast, he went sideways into a tree. Damn!