MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-22-2002, 04:46 PM   #1
Milktasd
Registered Member

Smile 1996 Cobra vs 2002 S2000

...Since I haven't had my car for a while, I wasn't the best driver when I got it back. I kept fishtailing bad going into second gear. The tires on the car are no help, since they have been on there since the original owner bought it in 1996. Damn it, keep getting sidetracked.
I am on Lakeland. They lowered the speed limit down to 55 MPH on this section b/c of the new mall going up. So I drive 55 MPH and I see a car way behind me with weird lights. They change color slightly. From white to blue to green. I kept thinking it was a cop every time it went to blue. I think about slowing down but change my mind. It’s almost one in the morning and I am getting tired. I thought it would be cool if the car next to me, a new Grand Am, would turn off and the light half a mile ahead would turn red.
Low and behold, my wish comes true. The car turns off and I see the lights coming up behind me. I start getting an adrenaline rush, just thinking about racing something it has been so long( It felt long anyway). The light turns yellow for the other direction and the mysterious car pulls up. It is a new Honda S2000. I am pretty sure it is new. It looked like the 2001/2002 model that I saw on the net. It is a beautiful white conv. As soon as he stops next to me the light turns green.
I hit the gas, softer than I have in the past because I still wasn't used to my car again. No burnout or tire squeaks. I hit second and that is different. I fishtail to the right and touch the solid white line. I let off and he is ahead. My front bumper is by his passenger door. I push down on the gas again and start to catch up. At the end of second I am dead even with him. I hit third at 6800 RPM. I now look down right when I think I am getting on up there in the RPMs. I shift into third, slow for even me, because I still didn't trust myself to speed shift. I bark the tires for a good little bit. I start getting some distance on him. His lights were really starting to piss me off. Shining in my side mirror. It had been so long since I had heard my engine screaming that I would have sighed if I wasn't filled up with adrenaline. By the end of third I am one car length ahead. Since he was still going, I decided **** it, so will I. I speed shift into fourth without realizing it at first and I hear my tires chirp. I couldn't believe it. Maybe it was the cold or maybe shitty *** tires getting shittier. I don't know but it was cool as hell. With the pedal floored I can see the S2000 in my rear view mirror about two and half to three lengths at least. I look down and I have the tach at 5000. I left off the gas and the car leans forward. That is weird feeling. Going from being pushed back into the seat, to being up on the steering wheel. I see the S2000 letting off too. We pull side by side again at about 55 MPH and crest a hill. He must have known that cops like to rest in that valley too. No cops. I get ready to drop into third when I see lights coming up behind me really fast. I put it back into fifth. And the car slows down behind us about six lengths and looks suspiciously like a cop. We pass some lights and sure enough it is. So I take my turnoff and the cop keeps going.
I thought the S2000 was faster than that. And no bullshit about not trying. Either you are racing somebody or you are not. Maybe he didn't try at first but if you go over 120 MPH, then you are trying.
Milktasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 08:55 PM   #2
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Thumbs up

The S2000 should't stand a chance against you. The very best drivers can get really high 13's out of them by shredding clutches.

Nice kill
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote