MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-08-2002, 05:53 PM   #1
steedamustang01
Registered Member

Default Why Does My Buddys Saleen Sit So Much Lower Than Mine?

I HAVE A 2001 MUSTANG GT STEEDA COUPE CONVERSION. MY BUDDY HAS A 2000 SALEEN S-281 CONVERT. UNSTEAD OF GOING WITH STEEDA SPRINGS I WENT WITH SALEEN RACE CRAFT PROGRESSIVE LOWERING SPRINGS. THE EXACT SAME SPRINGS THAT ARE ON HIS SALEEN. BUT HIS CAR SITS LOWER THAN MINE, ATLEASE ANOTHER 1 1/2 TO 2 INCHS. I CALLED SALEEN TODAY AND TALKED TO SOMEONE AND THEY SAID THE SPRINGS JUST HAVE TO SETTAL,... BUT I BOUGHT THESE SPRINGS AND THEY HAD 5000 MILES ON THEM, AND THEY'VE BEEN ON MY CAR FOR A WHILE. I ASKED THE GUY AT SALEEN IF THERE'S ANYTHING ON MY BUDDYS CAR THAT I COULD BUY FROM SALEEN THAT WOULD MAKE MINE AS LOW. HE SAID NO. . THERE IS NOOOOO WAY THAT MY SPRINGS COULD SETTAL THAT MUCH MORE. PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHY MY FRIENDS SALEENS FENDER IS LIKE ALMOST TOUCHING THE TIRE AND MINE IS LIKE 2-3 INCHS AWAY FROM THE TIRE.

(ALSO OUR TIRE SIZE IS THE SAME EXCEPT IN THE BACK. 265-35-18'S FRONT AND BACK ON MINE AND 265-35-18 FRONT AND 295-35-18 BACK ON HIS.)

IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN BUY TO MAKE MINE AS LOW. OR WHY IS IT HIS SITS LOWER? HERE'S A PIC OF HIS CAR, AND YOU CAN FIND A PIC OF MY CAR AT ... http://www.hometown.aol.com/steedamustang01
DOWNLOAD HIS PIC AND THEN LOOK AT A PIC OF MINE TO SEE THE DIFFERENCE.
MODS: - Painted Side Mirrors, Straight Pipes, K&N Filtercharger, Modified Air Silencer, Steeda Tremex 3650 Short Throw Tri-Ax Shifter, Saleen MOMO Shifter, Custom Painted Interior, Modified Saleen Racecraft Progressive Sport Springs SLAMMED 3 1/2 inches, Saleen S-281 Wing, Saleen chrome wheels 18x9 front and 18x10 rear, Saleen Locking Lugs, 265-35-ZR18 Toyo Proxes T1-S's, White Face Indiglo Gauges, 9007 Silver Star HID Headlights, Personalized Licence Plate " 2L8 I 1 " (To Late I Won), Chrome Bumper Decal inserts, Lowered Windshield Wiper MOD, MAC Offset rack bushings, 5% Limo Window Tint.
steedamustang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 01:46 AM   #2
StangGT2002

SALEEN is full of sh*t. There is nooo way your car will settle to the same point as your friends Saleen. He has the WHOLE Saleen suspension kit, thats the difference. I have springs that lower my car 1.5 inches and there is still a 4 fingered gap in the rear and 3 fingered gap in the front(we both have the same size wheels and tires). Im gonna go with the EIBACH SPORTLINE springs, these springs will drop the my car perfectly( 2 inches all the way around). I should have bought these in the fist place!
Old 04-09-2002, 10:15 AM   #3
steedamustang01
Registered Member

Thats what I'm Screaming... how can you work at SALEEN and come up with that BULLSH*T story about they'll setal. I wish I would have done the 2 inch drop instead!!!! But that @$$ at SALEEN should of told me what exactly I could buy to make mine as low. I mean everything on my buddys is STOCK from SALEEN so YOU KNOW that there's some parts I could add on to make mine the same height. WHAT AN @$$! Thanks for the Help and P.S. GO WITH THE 4.10'S HAHA
MODS: - Painted Side Mirrors, Straight Pipes, K&N Filtercharger, Modified Air Silencer, Steeda Tremex 3650 Short Throw Tri-Ax Shifter, Saleen MOMO Shifter, Custom Painted Interior, Modified Saleen Racecraft Progressive Sport Springs SLAMMED 3 1/2 inches, Saleen S-281 Wing, Saleen chrome wheels 18x9 front and 18x10 rear, Saleen Locking Lugs, 265-35-ZR18 Toyo Proxes T1-S's, White Face Indiglo Gauges, 9007 Silver Star HID Headlights, Personalized Licence Plate " 2L8 I 1 " (To Late I Won), Chrome Bumper Decal inserts, Lowered Windshield Wiper MOD, MAC Offset rack bushings, 5% Limo Window Tint.
Old 04-09-2002, 11:59 AM   #4
walker887
Registered Member

Cool

Well really I have to beg to differ with you. As the owner of many mustangs and Saleens included and a current Lightning. Springs do and will Settle. He is not full of it . and if you do alittle resourceful checking with the various spring manufacturers they will tell you the same. as for the guy on the phone at Saleen he is just a salesman (no different from you or me ) .
He does not make the springs or the cars but he is knowledgable about them.
I have noticed on many mustangs , saleens included that the Convert will sit lower than a hatch or coupe. I have seen this with my Hatch and convert. If a house can settle so can a spring. everyday use of the spring will weaken it and yes it will settle. it is no different than a higher mileage valve spring versus and coil spring it will weaken.
walker887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 07:11 PM   #5
BSchacht6
Registered Member

I think I heard that steeda ball joints lower the front end of your lowered care, but I may be wrong. Might want to call them and see what they say.

Bob
Old 04-10-2002, 09:10 AM   #6
SLOW 97
Registered Member

Like STANGGT2002 said, your friends car has the full suspension which makes a difference. Also, your friends car is a vert which is heavier. And if your friends Saleen is supercharged that also adds some weight on the front end. Springs do need to settle though. The salesman was right about that.
Ripped off a BLISTERING 15.37@90MPH
With a 2.21 60ft
Just Installed- K&N Air Filter
Coming Soon......
-4.10's
-Flowmaster A/T or Magnapack Cat-Back
SLOW 97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 09:18 AM   #7
steedamustang01
Registered Member

OKAY PEOPLE.. THE SPRINGS HAVE BEEN ON A CAR FOR PROBABLY OVER 8 MONTHS. I'VE NEVER HEARD OF A SPRING THAT WOULD SETAL ANYMORE AFTER THAT LONG. ALSO I'VE NEVER HEARD OF A SPRING SETALING ANOTHER 3 INCHS!!!! AND ALSO THE STUPID @$$ AT SALEEN SHOULD TELL ME WHAT PARTS OF THE FULL SUSPENION THAT I NEED TO MAKE IT AS LOW.