MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-08-2004, 05:25 PM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Default Saturday Night Grudge...Me Vs Bullitt..Round 1

Well, It happened. I got to race the Bullitt. At first, I was going to wait till I had my full suspension and some GOOD tires, but there is something to be said about peer pressure.

Drove by the old Advanced Auto Hang out. First time, I made sure they all heard me. They did (My main victim was present this time), no if's, ands or buts about it. They heard.

Second time trying to lure him out, I ran up at a light right before the parking lot. Now, if I had, I couldnt of staged what was about to happen any better if I had tried...It all happened naturally.

What pulled up next to me, a F-250 full of half drunk (Some full blown) co-workers yelling at me, then while at the light, to my left pulls up a nice, new shiny red C-5 Vette.

Of course, leave it to drunks to instigate something. They were antoginizing the Vette something bad. The light turned and I was cruising next to the truck yelling back at the driver of it (Whom I know from work). At about 20 MPH, the Vette to my left decides to floor it. I do the same also. I was in Second gear, caught traction half way decent by easing 2nd. Hit 3rd.

The Parking lot where most of the people that are on my list hang out at was right there. Third Gear, I just pulled and pulled on the vette, but the top of third, I had gained back the half a car length he pulled on me by jumping on it first, and had gained a car length back on him. All infront of the parking lot.

At the next light, the preppy dude driving the vette was actually cool about it. He said "This is a Vette, You got a Mustang....Isnt This (Meaning his Vette) supposed to be faster than Mustang???"

I threw in..." A Two Valve GT at that. Yeah, I think you were supposed to be faster, if all was equal. Which I guess its not."

He then asked "GD (Still pumped on adrenaline by the looks of it), do you race alot?" My Reply "Something like that...Kinda"

"Man, That was F'in cool" He exlaimed. Guess being beat by a Mustang GT didnt bother him. Which I thought was cool, I obviously introduced someone to the world of street racing. I parted with a "Take it easy man...That was a good one".

Still shaking from the show I put on for the Bullit and its closet queer driver and minions, I called Tim and back to our Saturday night Meet.

Well, after some time had passed, I thought I'd give it one more try. Gremlin (A freind of mine) rode with me, when we went by, he challenged them. This time they actually followed and met us.

His stuff had obviously changed...Gone was the loud straight pipe exhaust...Couldnt even hear it idle. The only way I could tell it was running was an unusual amount of steam coming out his tail pipes...mostly 1 pipe. I pooped my hood to show him no power adder, and what looked all most completely stock (Sure didnt sound like it), well the engine rocked something horrible

He wouldnt pop his, Fine with me. I didnt notice the Nitto's he had on the back though.. While we cruised side by side, Gremlin called me from the observation vehcile (Tim C's truck) and warned me about the Nitto's.

Well, I tried to egg him on from a roll after that....He didnt want no part of a Rolling Race (Even though I deminstrated to him that I do nothing but spin in second)

We caught a lite together...At one of the worst freaking intersections in town..Bumps..Pot Holes, Man hole covers... I wasnt going to run at that crappy intersection. But he insisted on it...Of course his lane was far better than mine. When the light changed, I was alseep and in Nuetral (Dont ask.....I was no where near on top of the game).

He spun about 10 Ft and hooked. I just spun...and spun...then spun some more....I didnt get traction till I short shifted it into 3rd buy which time he had pulled 2.5-3 cars on me. (I need suspension something horrible) After I started building the RPMS up...I started reeling him in....by the time I had caught him...I was once again...near the top of third...right by his side, Door to Door. I thought he let off, but when I got next to him, I looked overand put the clutch in, then I heard it (From his Car)The Sudden sound of engine breaking followed by a whistle...short..but a whistle, from his car.

He let off after I had.....I let off because of a car up ahead. When we pulled over, his car still had steam coming out....a good bit of it, and from mostly one side...Strange...SOunded quite (I'm talking New Chevy Maluibu quite) ....at idle, but was screaming at anything else other than idle.

He suggested running again for some money (Stupid move, Dont think he was sandbaggin it, just bluffin) so I told him okay, but to give me two hours (Time to go home and bolt on some Slicks)...His face changed and eyes got wide...Then threw some excuse on how it was late (It was only 12:30, and this guy stays up later than I).

Dont know the deal behind quite Idle..Loud anything else....Whistle...A good bit of steam coming out of one pipe, and the lack of the long tubes he used to have....Somethings up..Dont know what. Those just dont add up...

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 05:37 PM   #2
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

The observation Vehicle Crew (Wittness) said it was pretty cool. At first they thought after he got the jump on me, We'd level out and things would stay that way...A stale mate....

Then when I started pulling on him like it was something to do, Tim C, said Gremlin jumped somehow up and half way on the consule yelling, pointing "HES GAINING...MAN...HE'S REALING HIM BACK IN...OH MY GOD...CHECK THAT S**** OUT!"

And Joe was hanging out of somewhere Yelling similar remarks.

They said once I caught traction....I was GONE! Flat out movin. Then we measured it out...Ran a little under a quarter, from the time I caught traction, and pulled up even with him (All in third gear) was close to an 1/8th mile.

If I can get that thing to hook from the start...he might of well of been a No Show, it would of been a slaughter...With all that trash he talked behind my back....He didnt have as much for me as he made it sound. When I get my suspension....There will be a round 2.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:44 PM   #3
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Screw the suspension and grab the slicks. Slicks + 4.10's = a BIG lead out of the hole!!

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 03:21 AM   #4
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

kinda sounds like hes running a turbo with the long tubes gone and a whistle noise. but if you saw his engine im sure you would have saw it.
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 04:20 AM   #5
rwhite65
Ride Hard

I don't think the guy would pop his hood, so he could see.

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 04:29 AM   #6
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Nope, he didnt offer to pop his, he didnt even walk towards the front of his car.

Thats okay. A friend of mine with a 98 Cobra with suspension and bolt ons got barely edged on by the Bullitt. The guy with the 98 ran a best of 12.9 at the track...I know the Bullit Driver would be hard pressed to be able to drive much better than that, even if he had a low 12 second car.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Old 02-09-2004, 10:11 PM   #7
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

I think if it was a turbo, he would have wiped the floor with you. Did you see any new gauges in his car?

Old 02-10-2004, 12:53 AM   #8
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

could be a turbo with a really bad tune or no tune at all yet.

To me the whistle and long tubes being gone are dead giveaways to a turbo.
1987 Toyota Pickup

www.jmeenterprises.com
Old 02-10-2004, 01:34 AM   #9
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

In a fit of stupidity, I didnt check out much at all on his car. Didnt notice any guages, but I didnt even really look good enough to notice if he had a sasquatch in the car with him.

If he does have a turbo, he more than likely would have something similar, if not that particular kit that MM&FF had in there one issue. More than likely, he'd have the base version, which if I remember cranked out either 324, or 345 HP at the rear. The combination of our exhausts probably would of drowned at the sound of a turbo spooling up to only 5 psi (the psi that turbo had).

Plus, the queer cant drive all that well. He thinks he's Steve McQueen. Honestly, the dork idilizes him something fierce. Listens to songs about him, tries to dress like him (That or John Cusak), all because he has a Bullitt.

I was running stock, what he was running in the quarter with Long Tubes, 4:10's, off road H, and other minor Bolt on Crap. He still couldnt beat my best time when I was stock even when he threw Drag Radials on it. (Although he did come within 0.01 of a second from it) Thats his driving ability.

No one he knows really has the know how to come up with a NA combo, and all the people he knows dont much like changing the oil on a 4.6 let alone tearing one down, or changing out heads.

My bet is, he's got the same stock engine with a turbo on it. Thats the only reason I can think of to explain the quite idle, the steam flowing, and the whistle. More than likely if all is true, he had a place here in Benson, True Blue, do the tune.

Argh...The more I talk about him, the madder I get...I cant stand the fag....Argh.
Old 02-10-2004, 02:53 PM   #10
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

He must suck at driving. You should take a trip down to the shop and ask if they have tuned a turbo Bullitt recently

Old 02-13-2004, 02:41 AM   #11
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

It kinda ads up, and leads me to think he has a turbo...But I dont know...Have my doubts...'

Either way, he was really confident.....Really confident...Even when he heard my car bellowing, and rocking at idle...Even after he saw me take the Vette.

So, he was obviously given confidence through something he has had done to his car.

The main name is off the list now..
Old 02-13-2004, 10:20 AM   #12
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

If he has a turbo there is no way you would have pulled on him.

And this is not a flame toward you. I seriously doubt that anyone would install a turbo kit on a car and only run 5 psi. that wouldnt make any sense at all.

I have never seen a turbo stang 4.6 or 5.0 not make over 400 RWHP.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 05:54 PM   #13
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

I've seen people only run 5psi, but they had just installed the turbo kit and were working out the bugs and the tune.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 05:57 PM   #14
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Yep, my one friend with the Yellow Cobra was out there at the Advanced parking lot last night. He wanted to hear what they had to say.

They dont much care for my friend anymore, like me, the ousted him from there little group because he had other friends (Mostly because those friends were Tim C, Gremlin, and Me). But there still somewhat social with him.

Apparently word is, according to them (Being the Bullit and there one guy who observed the race) I have a Full Race 5.4 Stroker from SHM, and they think I might be spraying!

This is funny, this they noticed when I popped my hood. They saw the heads and knew. (Yeah......There arent any Aftermarket 4.6 heads....so how they could tell???? X-ray vision) But that was after they told my friend I wouldnt pop my hood...thats why they thought I was spraying...I poped both ends.

Yeah, if they knew crap to begin with, I'm sure they would of noticed that I had a Stock 4.6 PI intake....With no Intake Runner adapter plates.....(Neccassary if your running a 4.6 intake on a 5.4). Which would scream....4.6 block..But there stupid.

Anyway, the Bullitt Queer says he ran me up and down Raeford Rd, yeah...we ran once. Nor did he mention how I pulled up on him and right next to him. He said I was so far back that he couldnt see me in his rear view.....Probably because I wasnt in his rear view...I was next to his passenger window.

Yes, he got the jump on me in both reaction, and traction, but I spun for a little under an 8th.....Then in a little less than another 8th, I pulled up right next to him.

So, as I expected, they were talking junk, and telling yarns that had no resemblance of the truth in them. No harm in idiots fantasing and talking amongst even bigger idiots.

My suspension is on they way...and I have a little stash away that I put some money in every week for the night I call him out and race infront of his little lackies.

Just thought it was funny...They think I got a 5.4 based stroker from SHM. Dont know how they came to that conclusion.

Old 02-14-2004, 06:01 PM   #15
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Oh, and the most important part....He looked underneath the Bullitt when the fairy that drives it wasnt looking.

Yep, the headers are gone, and he said there were some wierd bends, and the intermidate pipe came straight down from the engine...almost no angle to it. He didnt look under the front of the car to.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:40 PM   #16
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

If he properly upgraded hai fuel system and has a boost controller his car the the potential to be really fast but if he is as dumb as you say he will blow it up soon.

Dumb guy + turbo = boom
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 01:28 AM   #17
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercury
Oh, and the most important part....He looked underneath the Bullitt when the fairy that drives it wasnt looking.

Yep, the headers are gone, and he said there were some wierd bends, and the intermidate pipe came straight down from the engine...almost no angle to it. He didnt look under the front of the car to.
Hes running a turbo. That is a DEAD giveaway
1987 Toyota Pickup

www.jmeenterprises.com
Old 02-15-2004, 09:15 PM   #18
sedanman
Registered Member

Same stuff different day. You must be a master of finding people who can't drive. Your car will probably trap 109ish and a new C5 traps pretty close to that (close enough that you could not make up ground like you claim). And if a bullit has a turbo kit you car is but a joke to him, sorry.

GONE 1991 Lx sedan 5.0, 5spd (Liberty proshifted TKO) S-trim, Ported TF heads everything parted out.
sedanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 09:25 PM   #19
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

My 2000 GT clocked 104 MPH stock. That was here in Fayetteville, during a hot 90+ degree day with 93percent humidity. To make matters worse...I had the Flu that week. That was like last year, or the year before that.

That wasnt on just one run either...pretty consistant... out of 8 runs...got that speed half the time. The other time I missed 2nd gear (Dont ask), another run I missed 3rd. Another I blew the start by spinning for like the first 30 feet....

As for my trap times...How can you predict those???? Do you know more about my engine than I do....Do you know my vavle sizes, flow numbers....cam degreeing....How did you know how much power I'm building to come up with that Trap speed there??? Do you think all my cards are on the table for all of those around here to know???

Old 02-15-2004, 09:33 PM   #20
sedanman
Registered Member

Quote:
My 2000 GT clocked 104 MPH stock. That was here in Fayetteville, during a hot 90+ degree day with 93percent humidity. To make matters worse...I had the Flu that week. That was like last year, or the year before that.

Cogradulations you have the worlds fastest stock 00GT. I can't wait to post this on corral and watch the responses!

Quote:

As for my trap times...How can you predict those???? Do you know more about my engine than I do....Do you know my vavle sizes, flow numbers....cam degreeing....How did you know how much power I'm building to come up with that Trap speed there??? Do you think all my cards are on the table for all of those around here to know???

Simple I have been around mustangs long enough to know how they are going to respond. You gave enough info to make a semi acurate guess. As for all the cards on the table, I have whatched your response for a long time and I know you put all your cards on the table.

GONE 1991 Lx sedan 5.0, 5spd (Liberty proshifted TKO) S-trim, Ported TF heads everything parted out.
sedanman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: