MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-24-2001, 02:03 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Post Cops out in FULL FORCE. Friday and Saturday night.

Cops were out in full force tonight and Friday night. ALl kinds of people were busted for street racing by unmarked cars.

Everything from Dodge Stratus's to Oldsmobiles to Buicks housed Law Enforcement personal. Good thing I got off work super late, or else I would of probably been one of the many busted people.

Are other places doing the same?

------------------
64 1/2 "D" code Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 valves, 11:1 comp, 1.7:1 rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, modified 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. GT Apperance pkg. And to many others to list
2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. BBK Underdrive pulleys, Flotech off-road H pipe. Hurst T-Handle, 40 series Flowmasters, Steeda Tri-Ax
64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2001, 02:21 AM   #2
withamc
Registered Member

Over-reaction to "Fast & Furious" already?
withamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2001, 11:49 AM   #3
dinomite
The Dude

I hope that they are out there picking on ricers, that'd be funny. Everyone lay off racing for the next week or two.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2001, 02:35 PM   #4
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I'm going to see it tonight. My friends went early this afternoon to see it. I was busy arguing with my girlfriend.

Guess I'll go by myself. Hey, who knows, maybe they'll be a few pretty girls out there. I hope the cops arent out big time tonight, I'm going to have to show my a$$.

I'll have to wear my High Visibility RED Mustang shirt.

Cook and eat rice....Dont Drive it.
Friends dont let friends Drive Rice.

[This message has been edited by Mercury (edited 06-24-2001).]
Old 06-24-2001, 03:57 PM   #5
rbatson

They were out here too. People pulled every few miles it seemed, I was like... WTF! Hehehe..
Oh and good luck with that girl brother..
Old 06-24-2001, 04:47 PM   #6
SmokeyDP
Registered Member

My friend's father is a cop and he said the same thing. They were pulling over people left and right. I went to see it last night and it was an awsome movie, but at the end everyone with rims was peeling out all over the parking lot. This kid with a riced out saturn smashed into a 89? prelude with rims, it was funny, they were speeding around trying to act fast.

Scott

------------------
1992 GT 5.0L Convertible
BBK Shorties, Flowmasters, Super Chip, Mass Air, Under Drive Pullies, Hurst Shifter, Duck Tape
AIM: SmokeyDP
SmokeyDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2001, 05:34 PM   #7
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Yep they actually had an article in the paper here talking about how they where going to have more cops out because of the movie.
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2001, 07:19 PM   #8
Stang Runner
Registered Member

I saw 9 cop with in 4 miles of the Moive and 5 had people over!

------------------
1988 LX 5.0 3060lbs (full Tank) 14.90@100.2 On a Gtech
Drivetrain: 2.73 Stock Gears (New Gears coming in a week), World Class T-5, Lakewood Bellhousing, Summit Adjustable Cluch Quadrant & Cable, Alumminum Driveshaft, Flaming River Manual Steering Rack
Suspension: MAC Control Arms,Maximum Motorsports Front Grip Package, H&R Sport Spings, Bilstein Shocks
Engine: Steal Mounts, Ram air, K&N, Under Drive Pulles
Exhaust: 1 5/8 Un-Equal Length Mac Headers, X-pipe W\cats, Edelbrock cat\bac

Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 02:24 AM   #9
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

******* COPS......Would you believe this? friday we went to our local streetrace scene, there was a lot of people as usual, my friend and my little bro went to the store in his 85 coupe, high 12sec car, welds, skinnies up front...ect...a civic pulls up next to him, and says "lets run" a civic should of known better though, my idiot friend said "ok" needless to say he spent the night in jail after leaving him in smoke, cuz damn cop came from nowhere, he was entrapped?? so cops are driving fart pipe civics now, whats next?? they were out thick friday, everyone needs to lay low for a while.

------------------
90 lx coupe: 175k miles, steeda water pump pully, hurst shifter, Mac cold air fenderwell, accel supercoil, ADS chip, aluminum D/S, Black magic fan, 3.27grs.
Best time: 13.9116(on 225/60/15 firehawks)
Best mph: 98.17
Best 60': 1.9607

next mods: subframes, mac h-pipe
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 05:43 AM   #10
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

yea there were cops everywhere here......went out sat ,there were all kinds of ricers and muscle cars out ,all stired up from movie.some kids got some races together right outside of town(that never happens here)some kid wanted to see how fast his car was so i went at it with him.well later the cops showed up and hassled us now one was racing when they showed,so they didnt catch anybody(he he)but the kid i raced wound up cracking when question and addmitted racing me ........cop questioned me and was probly madder that i lied to him then for racing......well they were cool and let everybody go with no charges.....told us to take it to the local drag strip....

------------------
old guy with 87 gt....well not so old guy
87gt,T top -155,000 on odometer-mods-2 1/2 ex,cold air(home made),adj.clutch 5.0 shifter,kyb shocks,and a stereo that can overcome the wind noise at 100 mph with the T tops off(he he)......also got/78,6banger,mustang/80 capri(future project)
Old Guy with 87 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 11:58 AM   #11
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Didnt get to see it, all the shows were sold out for the evening. ON A SUNDAY! There were all kinds of Rice, and domestic Muscle, and Domestic Rice out. I honestly have to say, I had the loudest car though. When I drove by the theater I got a few thumbs ups, a few nods, and even a few girls complemented me on my Mustang.

Then it downpoured, killing any kind of fun I could of had.
Old 06-25-2001, 04:03 PM   #12
5.0L_Of_Fury
Registered Member

I was at work fri night and I saw like 25 cops and 10-11 meat wagons running around like chickens with their heads cut off

------------------
My First Stang
No Substitute For Cubic Inches!

BURN EM UP
gcdrumboy@yahoo.com

5.0L_Of_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 04:05 PM   #13
5.0L_Of_Fury
Registered Member

I was at work fri night and I saw like 25 cops and 10-11 meat wagons running around like chickens with their heads cut off

------------------
My First Stang
No Substitute For Cubic Inches!

BURN EM UP
gcdrumboy@yahoo.com

5.0L_Of_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 04:50 PM   #14
84stangLX

Me and my friends knew ahead of time that cops would be patrolling the theater (lots of cops) looking to ticket people driving dumb. They did the same during gone in 60 seconds and i saw a mustang get blocked in by 3 cops because he was doing a smokeshow. I rode with my friend because i didn't feel like getting hasseled because my car looks like the kind of car a high schooler would drive (beat up 80's mustang). I've had cops harrass me before about stupid stuff and i'm surprised they didn't harrass us last night (when i saw the movie).
It's a good thing cops are out there to stop the real criminals, kids, especially if they do something wrong (hint of sarcasm ).

------------------
'84 Mustang 5.0 LX
My car