MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-16-2002, 11:59 PM   #1
The Deuce
Registered Member

Unhappy Scared a z06

I was wondering if anyone else has come across a problem like this:

I was crusing my Interceptor tonight and I passed a z06 waiting to turn right. I knew the next light was going to turn red, so I blipped my throttle as I passed to let him know I saw him. Well, the light is red so I roll up to the line and scout for cops. NONE. I'm thinking sweet, I'm gonna get a kill as the road is arrow straight for at least a 1/4 + runoff. I watch in horror as the Vette's lights come up only to stop one car lenght behind me in the next lane (there was no one in front of him! )

So I rev a little to try and coax him up to the line, nothing. By this time I'm really mad, so I just turn and look right at him. Nothing Not only that, on green he just sits there like, "Go on, you know I'm a p****, do I have to spell it out for you?"

Overall, very dissapointing. I know a lot of you ride, does everyone have this hard a time getting an honest race when they're out?

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 12:05 AM   #2
Torinalth
Registered Member

I dont have my mustang but have an Acura RSX-s till it sells, but yes I have a hard time getting people to race. I know I can take a stock 5.0, but the newer engines will push me back, though nobody but seabrings will race me. I, at least, attract the worst possible people to race. there are just a lot of people that do not want to run. a lot of people have pride and do not want to get it shattered, so they back down. me, I'll race just about anything if the conditions are good for a drag.

Torinalth
Old 05-17-2002, 12:38 AM   #3
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Torinalth
I dont have my mustang but have an Acura RSX-s till it sells, but yes I have a hard time getting people to race. I know I can take a stock 5.0, but the newer engines will push me back, Torinalth
Ummm....I don't think so....A stock 5.0 in good repair should be able to take you. You could probably beat or at least hang with an auto GT 5.0, but last I heard the RSX's weren't out of the low 15's. Bone stock LX's have been known to run very high 13's. Most were in the 14's though. This is all refering to the 87-93's, btw. You could probably beat a 94-95 stock 5.0.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 01:03 AM   #4
Torinalth
Registered Member

I stayed right with a LX 5.0 automatic 87-93 style, he never cleared my car. and as for running 15s..... my best is a 14.8 though I still cant get my launch any better. still is no 99+ GT, which is why I'm selling it, and posting on the site.

Torinalth
Old 05-17-2002, 01:16 AM   #5
KillerStang
Registered Member

good ce on the mustangs, mustangs r the coolest damn car there is, but there is 1 prob with ur quote "smoke and import" the f'n turbocharged mkiv supra (93-98) is just to damn fast with mods lol, and is a very nice lookin car. but the next car i will buy will be a 93 cobra. 99+ GT's are sweet looking cars good choice.
KillerStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 01:23 AM   #6
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Torinalth
I stayed right with a LX 5.0 automatic 87-93 style, he never cleared my car. and as for running 15s..... my best is a 14.8 though I still cant get my launch any better. still is no 99+ GT, which is why I'm selling it, and posting on the site.

Torinalth
Cool. I knew the RSX s's could hang with certain v8 stangs, just making sure you knew how quick some of the 5.0s really are. 14.8 is a good time. What was your trap on that run? Also, you'll love the new GT!

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Old 05-17-2002, 01:23 AM   #7
KillerStang
Registered Member

choice on last post is the 2nd word, sorry my keyboard sucks, i spilled water on it, so it dont always type the letters. and i forgot to post on the vette subject, i havent pulled up to a light with a vette let alone the z06, i wanna line up with 1 and see how i fair. well i will race anything, i want to line up wih a viper just for the fun of th race, but for now im stuck to driving good, cause my u-joints are shot and i dont wanna have my driveshaft fall on the road, lol. but its easy for me to find races, i dont try. everyone wants to raceme b/c how my car looks.
KillerStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 01:32 AM   #8
Torinalth
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by StoplightWarrior

Cool. I knew the RSX s's could hang with certain v8 stangs, just making sure you knew how quick some of the 5.0s really are. 14.8 is a good time. What was your trap on that run? Also, you'll love the new GT!
I trapped 101. the RSX blows *** till you hit Vtec at 6k, by then yall are close to second and we just hit out power. so we usually catch up at around 70, but after 110 the RSX loses power, hell it is only a 4 cyliner. but yes, it was either buy a custom turbo for the RSX or just get my damn stang and eventually run 10s with my daily driver. I'v wanted a stang since I was 9, kinda irks me that I finally give in this soon after having my car. losing mad cash but I cant stand seeing mustangs drive around and one not be me.

Torinalth
Old 05-17-2002, 01:59 AM   #9
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Trust me, you won't mind the loss of cash when you're driving the stang.

Also, 101 is really good. Was that bone stock, or with mods. I only trapped 98 in my GT, and that was with pulleys, an X-pipe, and an air filter! Most manual GT's won't even trap higher than 105 with lots of bolt on's.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Old 05-17-2002, 02:45 AM   #10
Torinalth
Registered Member

it was with a ser of coilovers for a better launch, and an injen short ram a friend let me use. the bane of 4 bangers is high RPMs. so while yall rip it from the begining, the 4 bangers bog till mid RPMs then start to shine, and eventually hit the sweet spot at about 6k (my RSX-S at 7k) so we always lose the hole shot but can come back. but if we get the hole shot, yer dead..... till we run outta power. anhow. I dragged that time against a roush stage 3 so I didnt bother looking at his times, just that he left me behind in the begining and never looked back. anyhow, my damn RSX is on ebay and nobody has made the reserve yet, so who knows when I'll get my pony, but it better be within a month or so. I want to create a viper-killer. that and my friends father has a 911 turbo and thinks he is a god, I just want to hand him his *** and stamp his car with the chrome pony.

Torinalth
Old 05-17-2002, 09:55 AM   #11
LT1 Z28
Registered Member

Sometimes, I may be racing someone but I don't know it because they are so slow that it looks like they gave up but they are still going....

My buddy has a low 14's stang and we raced on the highway and I tought he had given up after 3rd gear but he told me he was still going.... Not to brag or anything, it's just hard to tell with a low 12 second car.
Lots more....
Best so far on ET Streets:
12.11 @ 117.7 Mph
1.84 60ft
LT1 Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 01:42 PM   #12
95mustanggt
Registered Member

LT1, why don't you change your user name to reflect your new ride?

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 02:51 PM   #13
91PA5liter
Registered Member

Default RSX-s dont got nothin

the new RSX type s's dont have much they are pretty quick but for a new car running against my car which is a stock AOD 91 stang the one that i raced was right with me at the 1/4 mile mark but off the line i dropped him like a bad habit. And his was a 6 speed so there not to much to brag about stock vs. stock.
91PA5liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 03:09 PM   #14
Torinalth
Registered Member

ALL RSX type S have 6 speed. but beyond that, if you got more than 2 car lengths on him then he has never driven before. the RSX-S has a lot of power if harnessed correctly. being a FWD vehicle it is harder to launch correctly. had the driver been experienced with the car you would not have "dropped him like a bad habit". granted the mustang should be faster, though it is not a massive blow back as some would think.

Torinalth
Old 05-17-2002, 06:27 PM   #15
ricekilla
Registered Member

i dont know about rsx's but 101 is a pretty damn good trap speed for a ricer. most moded ricers at my track trap in the 80's w/ a few gutted race car ricers in the 90's and low 110's.
89 GT, 3.55's, longtubes, pro chamber, flowpath dumps, mac uppers and lowers+ pinion snubber, underdrive pullies, 70mm t-body, 190 lph penis pump, mildly home ported E7'S by the kid hisself, nitto drag radials..... 13.4 @ 106......... on nitto drag raidials. spinning like gangbusters......

chevy silverado w/ a full works suzuki RM 250 and a full works honda fourtrax 250R (girlfriends bike) in the back, moto x'in it up bro!
ricekilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 06:51 PM   #16
Torinalth
Registered Member

the RSX-S is the first one to earn my respect, with a 6 speed manual and 200HP at the crank. it is a great car since it is so damn light (compared to my old T-bird) it will move, but not until it hits about 6k, then it just presses on hard. not to great on the start, but once I'm in my RPM range I'll rip it. good stuff, but I still want my GT.

Torinalth
Old 05-18-2002, 12:36 AM   #17
ricekilla
Registered Member

are you sure you still want that GT bro? sounds like you got a killer little rocket there. traps 101 stock, gets 35 mpg, and that v-tec motor will go 300,000 miles. imagine if you cranked it up a little bit, intake, exhaust, cams, then add a 75 shot just in case...
89 GT, 3.55's, longtubes, pro chamber, flowpath dumps, mac uppers and lowers+ pinion snubber, underdrive pullies, 70mm t-body, 190 lph penis pump, mildly home ported E7'S by the kid hisself, nitto drag radials..... 13.4 @ 106......... on nitto drag raidials. spinning like gangbusters......

chevy silverado w/ a full works suzuki RM 250 and a full works honda fourtrax 250R (girlfriends bike) in the back, moto x'in it up bro!
ricekilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 06:55 AM   #18
Torinalth
Registered Member

if I tried hard I could make it run 10.5 in the 1/4 with a t4 turbo pushing 14lbs of boost, low compression heads, header, exhaust, and a small nitrous setup. fast is not the issue anymore. I'v wanted a mustang since I was 9, and should have goten my damn GT instead of the RSX. I love the car, though every time I see a GT go by it reminds me of what my dream is.......Mustang.

Torinalth
Old 05-18-2002, 05:41 PM   #19
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Hmmm 101mph with only 200hp??? How much does your car weigh?
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 05:44 PM   #20
Torinalth
Registered Member

2700 stock, though at the track we removed the stereo equipment, pasenger and rear seats, and the spare tire. dunno how much that shaved from the 2700, but it was a noticable difference.

Torinalth