MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   sedanman vs 03 Cobra (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=26898)

sedanman 07-30-2002 10:57 AM

sedanman vs 03 Cobra

Sorry for the delay in this post this race happened last sat.

I was hanging out at a local hang out when I saw a 03 cobra rolls up I point it out to a couple friends and I walk up to the guy. We shoot the **** for a while and agree to run them for the fun of it (I told him I ran mid 13's). He said that he had a K&N and the silencer pulled. The first run was a 15 roll and I missed 2nd. Next run a 45 or so kick (with him getting the jump) we stay side by side. Then another kick with him jumping me bad we ran to almost 130 he was pulling tell about 105 or so then I finally stopped the pull and started pulling him hard from 110-130. Then the last two runs were from a stop, first run I get him a 3/4-1 car out of the hole when I shift to second he pulls back and we stay like that the rest of the run. The last run I pull 3/4-1 out of the hole and kept pulling tell I had to shut down at the top of third because the radar detector went off.

After we ran we talked and he said he would not give me the jump because he would have never caught me, I told him I really run high 12's. His car had 1000 miles on it and he was driving it very hard. He also said he had owned about every major muscle car you could think of. His shifts and launchs were really good, in all it was some fun racing.

95mustanggt 07-30-2002 11:26 AM

Dam it seams like everyone is seeing 2003 Cobra's but me. I think I have to move back to Texas :)

Sounds like you had fun and the guy was very cool. I like it when cool people have nice cars, nothing worse than an a** hole with a nice car.

FivepointOH 07-30-2002 01:04 PM

So would you say it was a high 12 sec car? I've still yet to see one on the street. :(

mysweetlx 07-30-2002 01:13 PM

Sounds cool. I can't wait to see one in person.

1969Mach1 07-30-2002 01:50 PM

I've yet to see one either, I'm not even sure if they've started selling them in Canada. I would sure love to take a look at one. Yeh it's true, nothing worse then a ******* with a nice car. I tried talking to this guy with a Hemi Cuda it was so beautiful. It's one of my favorite cars, totally beautiful. I tried talking to the guy, and he was a total knob about it. Guess cause he thinks I'm young (17/18) that I don't know or appreciate cars. When I have my stang out so many people come talk to me young, old, everything. I always stop and talk to them and offer to show them and stuff, I don't show it off just don't want to be a person that acts like he's all big cause he's got a nice car.

But yet again, I've met some people that are great people that'll talk forever. Sometimes I just gotta show off my knowledge to get them talking. =)
§am.

venumus93 07-30-2002 04:29 PM

Re: sedanman vs 03 Cobra

sedanman:

Sounds like fun! I'm jealous! Only one I've seen was at the track when I was just there spectating with a friend, and that car had dealer tags & ran 13.1 at 111mph on a very hot FL day, blah, blah, blah. Did you get your spray in yet?? Did you run on all motor against this guy? Nice runs & again, it must have been a blast!
Later!

Sean

EZRIDN 07-30-2002 05:20 PM

Nice time man. Sounds like hung with one of the badest street cars out there! (I mean besides the almighty LS1 :) )

Aquaman 07-30-2002 06:51 PM

Re: sedanman vs 03 Cobra

Quote:

Originally posted by sedanman
Sorry for the delay in this post this race happened last sat.

His shifts and launchs were really good, in all it was some fun racing.

I was wondering when or if you were gonna post this. LOL. Your Message on my machine was great I could tell how excited you were.

Nice Runs bud.

StoplightWarrior 07-30-2002 06:56 PM

Dude, 03 cobra's aint ****...I smoked 9 of em on the way home from Taco Bell today.

sedanman 08-01-2002 12:34 AM

Re: Re: sedanman vs 03 Cobra

Quote:

Originally posted by venumus93
Did you get your spray in yet?? Did you run on all motor against this guy? Nice runs & again, it must have been a blast!
Later!

Sean

It was all motor, the Spray has been cancelled a blower should be finding its way under my hood soon enough.

sedanman 08-01-2002 12:36 AM

Re: Re: sedanman vs 03 Cobra

Quote:

Originally posted by Aquaman

I was wondering when or if you were gonna post this. LOL. Your Message on my machine was great I could tell how excited you were.

Nice Runs bud.

Yeah I did not have access to the computer for a week and a half and it was killing me, the race of the year and I could not post it.

WhiteT78Supra 08-01-2002 12:46 AM

Good job !!!

Sounds like your car is really runing well. :)

Bob

White 93 6spd Supra, targa top, no wing, GReddy T78 turbo, GReddy 4 row intercooler, GReddy/BLITZ shorty D.P. combo, DEI thermal turbine wrap, DEI thermal header / D.P. wrap, GReddy Type R wastegate, GReddy Type R BOV, HKS fuel rail, 720cc injectors, Aeromotive FPR, dual in-tank pumps, Denzo Iridium plugs, APEXi N1, GReddy BCC, GReddy Profec B, HKS VPC, APEXi S-AFC, Greddy 52mm boost gauge, GReddy 52mm EGT gauge, Unorthodox cam gears / underdrive pulleys, GReddy turbo timer, B&M shifter, TRD pressureplate, Arizona clutch, TRD strut bar, 255/45 front and 315/35R17 Nitto drag radials out back, Redline Water Wetter, Brembo cross drilled rotors, and Brembo pads.

sedanman 08-01-2002 01:40 AM

Bob, did you get everything sorted out with the high boost setting? Hope to see you this weekend.

lx mike 08-01-2002 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
Dude, 03 cobra's aint ****...I smoked 9 of em on the way home from Taco Bell today.
Smoked Cobra?? :eek: :D

Musky 08-03-2002 11:20 AM

Sounds like a nice run...wish I was there to see it :)

faststang90 08-03-2002 06:04 PM

03 cobra

friend got a 03 cobra it did not even make it home he had a h pipe ,pulleys put on the car and dynoed it car had 4.5 miles on it.It dynoed 442@ rearwheels and ran a 12.22 @117 witha 2.3 60 foot on stock tires so i think these cars are the sht and he put a cat back on the car and is going to dyno it again with a few more miles on it

Rev 08-03-2002 06:16 PM

Traction?

Sounds like he needs some drag radials to see what it might really do. Personally, I would break it in a little first.

Rev