View Single Post
Old 03-06-2002, 02:16 AM   #12
fastang
Registered Member

Dont get upset just yet. Did the car come with gears when you bought it? If not definitely get the gears and tires. And while your at it make sure your trac loc is still working well. Are you leaving two stripes down the road when you burn out or just one?

My trac loc is wasted and I ran close to what you ran as well. I hit a 14.00 @ 102.4 spinning all the way down the track on a 2.2 60ft ...yet from a slow 1st gear roll I've beaten a new LS1 vette, a few LS1 Camaro's, and sucked up an NSX like a hoover . I've tuned it up a bit since I last went to the track but Im not going back untill EVERYTHING is right with my car.

Your 60ft is decent with radials and you might want to learn to powershift if you dont know already. Take the car to a shop with a dyno that can burn you a custom chip. If you bought the car modded already, contact the owner and ask them whether or not they already had one burnt and what gears the car has. Good Luck.
old car: 95GT, TFS T.W. heads, Holley Intake, B303 cam, FRPP 30lb injectors, Scorpion 1.6 rollers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, March Pulleys, MSD coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550 trans, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors. 190lph pump, BBK adj FPR.
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote