View Single Post
Old 12-01-2001, 02:21 AM   #14
93cobra tt
Registered Member

I hear ya Turbo99GT, gotta love the twin turbo! Yes turbos have alot going for them, and are really awesome. I am a turbo man, but I also love the superchargers. The thing is 00SlvrSleen wants to spend around $4000. I do not know of any turbo kits for the modulars that are that cheap. TDC's single turbo kit is around 4k, but is not as promising. In his case i'd recommend a centrifugal supercharger. Most people I know that got a roots style kit had ended up selling it later on. The P1SC is a monster and has a unique design. The Vortech is reliable, and has a good street reputation. Also Saleen used Vortechs in their older cars. For 4 grand you could get a good supercharger and not be disappointed. But FYI, for about 1500 more you could get an awesome twin turbo kit from Incon. In an article I read they had used a stock 2000 S281. After the kit, the car produced on the dyno: 399hp @ 4500 and 471 tq @4300. The wastegate was set at 7 psi. Heres the beauty of it: because of the big modular heads, the turbos cant be seen from above, very stealthy. The reason why the kit is so expensive is it comes with a Griggs racing tubular K-member and coil overs. Love the turbos.