View Single Post
Old 12-21-2001, 01:08 AM   #12
RevinRx7
Registered Member

Like i tried to say before i didn't mean to put down anyone's car i just wanted to throw in my two cents. while yes our cars are not the best car in the world no, but I'm not trying to win anything in the mustang forum because that would be stupid to think that. I just don't want you guys thinking that any rx-7 you pull up to is gonna lose without a strong fight. And by the way about Paluka21's coments here. hmm how much did you pay for your car? and tell me when has mazda stopped producing the rotary engine? And oops i forgot what car is coming in 2003??? OHHHH! The RX-8 which has solved the emissions problems and has about ohh 245 hp naturally aspirated. while i will admit this engine has low torgue it will have a red line double yours. If i had a triple rotor thrown in my car its still a little under a 2liter engine that has a hell of a lot more torque. Mazda was the long time winner at Le Mans too with its quad rotor.
And acorrding to the august issue of TURBO Magazine, yes the RX-7 is the QUICKEST PRO STREET RACER.
My last point before i rationalize is MOST american companies researched the rotary engine in thought of replacing the piston engine for example GM had plans for a quad rotor corvette.

Sorry about venting but i had to get my points across to paluka.
the last thing i have to say is
Any car that you put money into can be fast. and there is always someone out there who is faster than you.