View Single Post
Old 03-10-2002, 01:11 PM   #46
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Default Unit wades through the BS

1. The new V6 Mustang, with a stick is pretty quick for a stock car. I don't really understand why that's being debated here. As far as modding it, yeah, you can make it WAY fast. Ever here of a 3.8L GM build Grand National? Yeah, all those modded ones are slow as **** aren't they? Course, they only weigh 500lbs more than a new V6. Anything can be made fast. If you want to make something fast, starting with the 4.6L is a good idea, but the 3.8L CAN be made fast too.
  2. Anybody who thinks it's not possible for a stock Fox 5.0 to run a 13, refer to dozens of topics in Windsor Power over the last couple years proving they can. With probably 50 responders anyway. The Fox 5.0 weighs 200lbs less than a new GT, has a far superior powerband, and has been known on occation to dyno more like 230hp. Especially fast are the SD cars.

My sorry *** state of tune fox with 10* timing running hot ran a 14.19 spinning all to hell. I have worse gearing than factory. I do have exhaust though.
  3. Comparing the box stock off the floor new GT to the Cobra is stupid. The powerbands are completely different. Gears absolutely KILL a new Cobra. Plus the Cobra weighs in a hefty 250lbs more than a GT. The new GT is dynoing like it has 260-270hp, the new Cobra dynos like it has 340hp. The new GT will struggle to get a 13.7, although it may be possible for it to be done. Little mods help the GT pick up a couple tenths, such as removing the headlight to get a ram air effect like Lizard King. The Cobra will run 12's with gears and nothing more. Take a look at trap speed, which is a more accurate way of comparing the two. 100mph for the GT, 105mph for the Cobra, and the Cobra weighs more. There's your hp. The problem is down low, off the line, and the initial acceleration until it hit's the powerband. Actually, there are stock engined Cobra's in the 11's. Try doing that with a GT.
  4. I've seen two people carrying out a slugfest here, and neither one knows anything about what they are talking about. It's been impressive.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote