Thread: LS1 went down!
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2002, 06:15 PM   #7
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

It was pretty cool...

I guarantee he thought he was going to waste another "slow" 96-98 until we got on that side street.

He turned onto the side-street first and started to get himself setup for a nice rolling start.
(Those LS1 guys HATE launching from a stop...)

I decided to beat him at his own game:
We downshifted as we pulled onto the side street and I nailed it behind him and got in the lane next to him to pass. He nailed it when he saw me coming up on him but he had no chance, and I'm sure he heard the blower when we blew past him.

I think he was freaking out a bit as he stayed back there for a while... just trailing us....

He nailed it again to try to get the edge in acceleration while he was behind me. I nailed it when he was about 3 cars behind me (in the next lane).... He didn't even make it to my rear bumper...

By 4000 rpm we were starting to pull again...

This happened a few times... I guess he just couldn't accept the fact that he was getting spanked by a 98GT....

We came to the next light and the LS1 dude didn't have much to say other than "nice ride" and a thumbs up...

He definately had exhaust, 4:10s, probably all the other LS1 stuff (Still don't get what a "lid" is...)

Gotta give him credit... it ran well at speed.
(Modded LS1s just PULL at highway speeds)

He just messed with the wrong Mustang... MUHAHAHAHA!!!
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote