View Single Post
Old 07-18-2002, 05:37 PM   #22
Aquaman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by topless tire fryer

Also sounds like the vette guys are scared (finally).

Ummmm......Not Exactly When your scared you are not usually actively searching for one to race you generaly decline to race some one when they affer.... Oh wait three 03 Cobra owners have declined to race me , Well 1 put me off for a few weeks but the rest came right out and said not till I mod. Now If they had stock Cobra's trapping 111-114 why would they not want to race me On my best run I get 113 and I know I only have 341 RWHP not the 390RWHP that there car has they should stomp me right???? Instead I get OK I'll race you but not till I can buy some mods. Sad actually Very Very sad.

I and many other Vette guys expect from what has been happening on the tracks to run pretty even with the 03 in the 1/4 with a Stock C5. But the Z06 guys aren't scared at all why the hell would they be with the same gearing,more meat on the rears, 5 less or 15 more HP (01-02 LS6's) a coefficent of drag thats .07 better then the Cobra and almost 600 less pounds. You dont have to have a masters in physics to tell you whats faster. and is only going to get faster as the speed builds. It's a pretty simple equasion actualy.

As for the guy that said we hope ford has screwed up "again" nope, Most of us are happy to have a car that we can race and be pretty close too it's been a long time since ford has put out a mass produced car that can keep up or beat the Generals contigent. I won't mind loosing to a Cobra at all. I should loose with all thats been done to the thing.

Hell if it wasn't a HOG many Vette guys would probably buy one for a daily driver and many may still. Heck I might But I'll wait till I can get one for a song after they loose there value when billy bob picks one up, titles it (big value drop) and realizes that only big boys ought to be paying for a 35K+ car and has to trade it back in on his 82 GT with the 4bbl that he put on it.(I'm being factious here I had an 82 w/ a 4bbl)

OH yeah and the guy who said that we were throwing around numbers on UNIT's "HUMPERS" post a 12.8@113 was thrown out there not mid 12.'s (where I am now ) and yeah 14.0's were said as well a Fully loaded Vette with A4 and 2.73 gears left in TC will run 14.0 I saw it. A M6 with 3.45's a filter an Exh and a good driver will go.... Well we all know what that will run.

Anyway 03's are the fastest Mustang out in a long time and I'm glad to see it. But I am not scared of it! NOT AT ALL Because when you race as much as I do you understand that you loose it's inevitable and loosing to a 390hp car with a S/C and a 6speed isn't all that bad.