View Single Post
Old 10-15-2002, 12:34 PM   #29
*Steeda90GT*
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by inferno
Well, I know someone who works with ImportKiller and I also know that as it sits right now, his car is a bolt on 5.0. He has the money to get his 351 and powerdyne put in, but it isn't in his car yet, hence the reason he is stalling for two weeks.

As to the Type R vs Mustang GT comparison, it is only common sense that on a road course with moderate straight areas, that the car with the most power(GT) will win regardless of the handling advantage that the Type R has. What it really comes down to is personal preference. Oh, and about the Lotus vs Cobra R, they even admitted that they had tested the Cobra R at a faster 1/4 time and couldn't explain why it was running as slow as it was. The Lotus did however run a mid 12, so even with a tie on that competition, the Lotus would have still came out on top.
They have tested the 00 Cobra R and came up with 12.17 as it's best time with INSANE to pspeeds. In my opinion that comparison was weird. The lotus wasnt even street legal so they had to put in the ITR engine. What type of BS is that? A freakin engine swap!! Also the 1700lb Lotus shouldnt be compared to the 3800lb Cobra R. Know what really would've been cool is if they put the Cobra R engine in the Lotus...Anyways, that comparison was just apples to oranges. BTW, does anyone have the ITR vs GT link?
94 Oxford White GT. 17" Factory wheels with 275/40/17 Nitto Drag Radials. Vortech S-Trim, Anderson Power Pipe, 24lb injectors, T-Rex external, 190lph internal, 3.55s, 65mm TB, Pro M 77mm MAF, Pro 5.0 shifter, Saleen Gauges, Crane ignition, MAC longtubes, catalytic h-pipe, flowmasters.