View Single Post
Old 11-03-2002, 05:47 PM   #64
20LbsBoost

Quote:
Originally posted by blue oval 50h
It wasnt just twin turbos, it was twin superchargers also in the early 90's. And, turbos and superchargers with a lil nitrous. Well 20, without your turbo, your car is deemed useless. So by your standards, you are cheating too
I shouldn't have used the word "CHEATING" when starting this thread. I didn't realize it would grow into what it has and "CHEATING" is a poor choice of words. Perhaps "WEAK" would have been better.

I see turbos and superchargers completely differently than NOS, here's why:

- Turbos and Superchargers are actually a part of the working mechanics of the engine.
- Stock turbo/supercharged engines cannot run with turbo/supercharger removed (I know what you're thinking. I cannot remove my turbo and drive to the store without MAJOR engine work).
- Manufactured turbo/supercharged engines are made factory original with the turbo/supercharger.
- Power is "on demand" anywhere, anytime. Non NOS cars can run their times all day, any day without the need for constant fill-ups to keep good times.

I understand the theory of NOS and what it does to produce HP. Never have questioned that and/or it's similarity to forced induction. There are some turbo guys running around using alcohol injection so they can safely up their boost. That's not for me either.

It may come down to "whoever wins the race" but seems strange that the guy who wins the checker flag 2 or 3 times has to go and refill the bottle to keep winning. Is that really winning?? When the bottle quits, so do the wins. I can't imagine going out for a night hunting, scaring up a few races then having to end the night because the "go fast juice" is empty. Very strange concept....to me.
1989 PAS Turbo T/A #1233
*12.93@104mph 3.8 V-6
1987 Grand National

http://www.krif.com/tta/