View Single Post
Old 11-03-2002, 06:07 PM   #65
91GTturbo
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 20LbsBoost
[B]It may come down to "whoever wins the race" but seems strange that the guy who wins the checker flag 2 or 3 times has to go and refill the bottle to keep winning. Is that really winning?? When the bottle quits, so do the wins. I can't imagine going out for a night hunting, scaring up a few races then having to end the night because the "go fast juice" is empty. Very strange concept....to me.
No respectable nitrous user would be caught dead with an empty bottle. They understand its usage and know the bottle can and will run out. Before I went turbo, all I ran was nitrous. I had spare bottles that I kept filled, so I never worried about running out.

That was then, and I was on more of a budget, that's why I ran it. I picked up a used kit with 2 bottles at that time for $200. To good to pass up if you ask me. Probably 90% of the mustang owners in my area that are serious about going fast run nitrous. It's just cheap and easy. And unlike a blower or turbo, it's atmosphere in a bottle. No matter what the weather is like, nitrous is as unaffected my the conditions as the other 2 power adders.

I appreciate you level headedness and where your coming from, but you have to understand, for most guys the ability to knock off anywhere from 1/2 sec in et or 2 sec in et for a few under dollars is very appealing.