View Single Post
Old 11-30-2002, 01:17 AM   #1
EZRIDN
Registered Member

Thumbs up EZRIDN Vs. '03 Cobra...'99 C5.....Shelby Charger 2.2L..Check these out.

Hit the town tonight in the LS1 lookin for some runs since i could not hook up any on the net You guys will love these...)

C5..First run

Got a light with a cocky C5 owner that smirked when i pulled up next to him. Light changed and i waited for him to hit it and he did at around 10 mph. The Z pulled him a good 2.5 cars to 85 where i shut down .

'03 Cobra....2nd run

Followed an '03 around with i could tell a cat back and he had an Eaton Inside sticker on it. I pull up next to him finally and ask for a dead stop run and he agrees and follows me to the Mexico test track. I count down and we get a good dead even start. i pull i good half a car out of the hole. A4 clicks 2nd and the '03 hits 2nd and we are even through that gear. He clicks 3rd before the A4 and he starts his pull. we shut down with my speedo readin 90 with him approx 1.5 cars ahead. We pull over and talk and i KNOW with how loud that blower was screamin that he was not stock, but he claimed we was except for the Bassani exhuast. Let me tell you though, that Eaton was screamin so i was thinkin he was packin more....He videoed the race and he is T3Cobra on svt.performance.com. He might post it under the '03 section.

While trying to set up a run with a Mystic Cobra the '03 Pulls up and we start chattin again. The Mystic wants none of the LS1 or '03. Then a 90ish Shelby Charger 2.2L pulls up with some gauges and asks for a run. We agree for a 3 way run kickin it @ 40 mph (A4s dead spot but i wanted to run). i never coudl get lined up with them, but they ran with the '03 pullin slightly every run. So me and the Shelby kick it from 60 with him getting the jump and he pulls me good a couple cars to 90mph

Then we hit a 25 roll with a killer even start. The LS1 pulled a half car and the the 2.2L started to pull back even. Hit 3rd and the Shelby started to walk the dog on the LS1. I let off at around 110ish and he had a good 2.5 cars and pulling hard. I run him again from 60 Mph and he pulled a good 4 cars with him getting the jump by around 100-105mph.

We pull over and chat and these 2 guys in the 2.2L where awesome. We chatted forever and I got to ride in the 2.2L He reported that it had 22lbs of boost, 50 some lb injectors, exhaust, intercooler, weight reduction, etc. He reported on 15lbs he ran a 13.0 @ 107.5 with 42# injectors and some other things. Had a great time with him and we even tried to run the C5 i smoked earlier but he wussed out. Had an awesome time meeting them and they reported that they started a web site i think it was TurboDodge.com.

Anways...thought i would share some killer runs.

'87 GT..5 spd...Stock...14.4 @ 97 SOLD

'90 GT Conv. A4 Cream Puff...14.6 @ 94 SOLD

'99 Z28..A4..Stock stall, no tuning, all motor, full weight 11.92 @ 117.95 SOLD

'03 Centennal Edition GT 5 spd. 1 of 620 5 spd coupes made.

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/99-04/03/100th.htm

Stock.....
13.89 @ 99.03

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/99-04/03/100th.htm
EZRIDN is offline   Reply With Quote