View Single Post
Old 02-19-2003, 10:25 AM   #23
20LbsBoost

Huh?

Um, my sig has the mods for all my cars which is a whopping 3 on my Pontiac (and no K&N...the airbox is all stock too). This spring I'll at least be mid (if not low) 12's with a few hundred $ and NO NAWZ

Now disbelievers are quick to point out that since I have my boost turned up it's no longer stock. Perhaps, but such a narrow interpretation of "stock" is shallow minded. If you change your battery or tires (which may increase performance) that deviates from a stock package as well. My car came factory original with an adjustable wastegate rod to raise or lower the boost at will, not my fault the engineers were thinking ahead. No different than the factory transmission in these cars. There's a "TV" cable from the throttle body that leads to the tranny. It's made to be adjusted and changes the fluid pressue and shift points. Adjusting this FEATURE doesn't deviate from a stock car. That's the way the car was manufactured, and for a reason. Adhering to the factory adjustments during the life of a car is rediculous.

Last edited by 20LbsBoost; 02-19-2003 at 10:36 AM..