View Single Post
Old 12-14-2000, 11:21 PM   #1
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Post Anybody ever outright asked you to show them what your car can do?

It was okay the first time, but by the second and third time it got kinda freakin' annoying.
Okay, my girl (my Mustang) says she's thirsty, so I stop by Amoco to fill her up with some 93. After she's satisfied, this guy in this Camaro asks, "Hey what you got in that car?" I tell him, "351". He says, "Looks good" so I'm feelin kinda good. Then he asks "Push it a little when you leave here" so I say "Alright." Since he asked nicely, what the heck. I burn out of there and leave some vaporized rubber hovering over the street.
Now get this: Few days later, I go to same Amoco, the cashier asks me, "hey man, which way you leaving here?" I tell him and he says, "Man I wanna see what that car can do. My friend was working here a few days ago and told me that your car was real fast." I think to myself, "So what do you want me to do about it? Am I supposed to burn rubber everytime someone asks? You ain't buyin my gas, tires, paying my bills, etc." And this has happened other places too. Maybe I should tell them it's a piece of crap. I think I'm gonna have to start charging per smoke show.

Has this ever happened to any of you? What do YOU say or do?

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
1.5" MAC full length headers
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake
2.5" Off road H-pipe
Flowmasters (2 chamber)
8.8" Rear end w/ 2.73:1 gears (sucks!)
Front: 225/60/15 Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Sucky Purolator air filter that's choking my car.
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote