View Single Post
Old 12-15-2000, 05:54 PM   #8
88GT5.013.02

I get that all the time, and I used to do it all the time until I noticed that the tires that I only have <10,000 miles on them are bald. Now I just say it won't spin 'em. I almost got out one time kicked some guys A**. I was in the Woodward Dream Cruise with my dad's 63-1/2 427 Galaxie. The motor is worth almost $10,000 and it starts to peak the 200 degree mark on the temp guage and I can feel the heat pouring off of the cast iron headers. So I go to turn off of this side street when this old drunk dude says I am not going to let you off of Woodward (he was standing in front of my car) until you do a burnout so I tell him that I am overheating, and he says "I don't care, then do a burnout and I'll let you off of the street". So I jump out of the car and give him a few choice words and basically tell him is he doesn't get out of my way I am going to mangle his body. He finally got out of the way. Can you believe the nerve of that guy.

------------------
88GT stock shortblock, ported GT-40 iron heads, ported Edlebrock Performer intake, 24# inj, Pro-M 75mm Bullet MAM, 3.73, hurst short throw, F-303, electric fan, alum rad, FMS HD clutch, R134a ac conversion, 70mm TB , and some other stuff I probably forgot, best run so far on ET streets is 13.02@106 with a 1.87 60ft.