View Single Post
Old 03-10-2001, 04:26 PM   #9
Unit 5302
Registered Member

EZRIDN, I seem to have sensed a bit of sarcasm in your post. Would you really label the CFI 140hp auto GT's from 85-86 as worth the Mustang GT label? They were a joke, coupled with a slow shifting slushbox called the AOD I doubt they could crack the 15's. I can't believe how many people stepped up to buy the seriously detuned 5.0. I may be mistaken on the later years that the CFI was standard on the 5.0's with the auto, but I know that was how they came for a while. 5spd version GT had between 175hp-210hp, and the auto got the sick *** 140hp CFI motor. That may have changed in 1986, I can't remember, it's possible when they went to SEFI the auto GT got the SEFI HO motor as well, but the CFI motors were stones.

The way this post is going it's like the Gen II Probes were an anti performance car. They will beat a turbo GT hands down. They are faster, they handle better, they look better, basically everything better. Off the floor there was no doubt the 93+ Probe GT's had a serious edge over the 89-92 GT's. Most people do not "mod" their cars and without mods it's like comparing a turbo coupe to a super coupe. If it's Ford's fault for replacing turbocharged 2.2L SOHC I-4 145hp top motor with a 2.5L DOHC 24v V-6 164hp top motor, then so be it. In all reality stock for stock the 3.0L OHV V-6 with 140hp was nearly as quick as the GT in the first gen cars.

WHITECOBRAGIRL94 I'm sure the turbo Probe you had was a fun car to drive, it was not; however, a great car. The Probes are shitboxes waiting for the next electrical gremlin or auto tranny problem. They have one of the worst quality reputations of all Ford's cars, which is more than likely why they lost ground so badly in their final years of production.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote