View Single Post
Old 03-23-2001, 07:59 AM   #56
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by 2000 silver auto v6:
My friend just bought a stock 1987 5.0 L auto....I was pretty nervous, cause this 5.0 is pretty loud and mean sounding....I had traction control off and had considerable wheel (right...) spin at takeoff, but he had a pretty good start. He took me off the line by about 1/2 and it stayed that distance until I hit second gear when I started to pull past him. By the top of second I was about a car ahead of him and just kept slowly pulling on him until we hit about 100 m.p.h when we stopped (I would guess I was a couple cars ahead at this point). He was pretty impressed by the performance of the new v6s, especially since they can beat the old 5.0s.
You know, I really have no problem with a V6 Mustang beating a 5.0. That's NOT really the issue. The issue is simple as I stated in my second post on this thread:

The Mustang he raced had some major issues (if the V6 was ahead a couple of cars by 100). So that last statement posted by my buddy 2000 Silver, "...especially since they can beat the old 5.0s.", is not justified at ALL. Beat AT LEAST 2 to 4 more 5.0s with that V6 (enough to at least plot a ******* line) and then you can make that statement. Let's use a little discretion when making generalizations.

It also makes me wonder why people get pissed so easily here.

I questioned NOT THE TRUTH OF THE RACE, but the different factors concerning the race. What need then was there for name calling???? That is immature and is the method of a child who cannot defend himself when backed into a corner. Also, the method of calling on big brother (LS1 or some other car with which there is no direct affiliation) and saying, "well, uh your car sucks cause that car can beat you..." is also the method of a child who is cornered.

Like I stated b4, I don't hate V6 drivers(used to be one myself you know) or their cars and I have nothing against you 2000 Silver so CALM DOWN. Don't resort to "name calling" when someone questions a kill. You might make some friends around here. Peace.

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
1.5" MAC full length headers
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
8.8" Rear end w/ 3.55 gears (Now that's more like it!!)
Front: 225/60/15 Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup soon)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body