Thread: Close race!
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2001, 12:51 AM   #1
Snakeman
Registered Member

Thumbs up Close race!

cruising down the freeway tonight, i saw a mustang getting on the freeway with a cowl hood...

he caught up quickly, so i knew he'd be game for a little racing fun!

we played around a bit, i think our cars were evenly matched (too bad i have my stock h-pipe and tuned down the timing to 10* to go smog the car today). I'd love to see this guy at the track!

we had one good race. both of us went at the same time and were door handle to door handle until he had to let off. i think i would have had him on the shift, but no telling. he said his car had some nice heads.

I was smelling burning rubber the whole time, kinda confusing until i started overheating. turns out the fan hit the shroud and wedged there wasting precious horsepower!

I fixed the problem at a friend's house close by, fortunately!

I guess the old car is broke in, eh?

Gotta get me to the track!

Oh yeah, i raced another firebird or t/a it was a convertible, lowered, with ground effects. i let him catch up, gunned it and waved him to catch up as he fell behind...

he flipped me off when he turned off a couple blocks later. it was daytime and his girlfriend was riding shotgun to witness his humiliation/bad manners!

LOL!

anyway, if the guy i raced (I-80 in sacramento. westbound) is reading this; great race! i want to meet you at the track!
I'll beat ya!
without nitrous!

------------------
Rob Wegner
90LX
Snakeman is offline   Reply With Quote