View Single Post
Old 04-16-2001, 10:27 PM   #1
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Post 4.6L 2000GT's ego get's cut down...

I've been beaten by old rusted out 5.0 ... it was I guess an 87-91 (Can't tell the difference).

I was running on the Queensway (4 laner) with this car tailgaiting me. I was waiting for the guy infront of me to move over. So I say to the wife, hold on I'm gonna blow this moron off.

Down shift in third and give it... the tailgater stays right there and then starts pulling up on me... He is right on my *** I can't blow him off at all!!! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!!! We hit 120MPH, and I move on the right lane... an old POS rusted out 5.0 goes by. I'm thinking NOS, 351, exaust I mean this never happened before...

So we pull out on our exit and this guy follows. At the light he says remember me, you beat me with my 5.0 silver stang last year (Yeah I remember that was like my first race with my new car.) I'm screaming "what feck do you have NOS, a 351... he says I'm stock that's my winter beater! I scream FECK OFFFF! you ain't normal, I can smell the giggle juice... so we stop at the next gas station.

This car doesn't sound normal. He says, oh I have headers, intake, and exaust. (yah stock). So he didn't want to show me his trunk ... I was looking for the giggle juice like mad!!!!

Anyways I convince him to go for a run from a stop ... I easily win on the first run, but on the second run,... this guy seems to go much fast when he hopes in third.

What do all think???? NOS???? Or have I been totaly wrong about this and the 5.0 are faster on top end? I'm still shaking, this never happened before. I'm in disbelief.

------------------
Lizard King, Bone Stock; 13.69 at 101MPH
Extreme Burnout
2000GT VS LS1
Quartermile run
2000GT vs LX Stang

Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote