View Single Post
Old 05-31-2001, 08:16 AM   #8
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

The thing that gets on my nerves is that I know this model and motor like the back of my hand, and to be honest, there are only a few REAL ways to get LOTS of hp from a mod motor...

First: engine swap.... I'm not even going to try to figure what it would take to drop in a stroked 302 or 351 into a 96-98 Stang, wiring harness and computer would have to be changed at least. I doubt he's got the time\money for that

Second: Supercharger\Turbo. Who's got forced induction who isn't smart enough to have guages to monitor it?

Third: Nitrous. Well, you need to have a line from the bottle. (Which wasn't present that I could see) You also need an arming switch in the cabin at least, and usually there's a nitrous engage switch also if its not set for Wide Open Throttle...

Fourth: Motor Work. There is a 300ci stroker kit from SHM. You can get new heads, intake, and do some port\polish work. But who would go through all that work and leave the stock headers and H-pipe on?

I guess anythings possible, but my guess is rice.... I just wish I had the cash to lose to prove it...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote