View Single Post
Old 07-09-2001, 07:47 PM   #1
withamc
Registered Member

Post Early 90's Firebird

I don’t know what this counts as. I was coming home Friday night about 11:00 with my wife. We’re sitting at a light, and this early 90’s Firebird, it had exhaust, what else I don't know, punches it around the corner in front of us, gets a little sideways and disappears up the road. Wifey says “Go get ‘em”, so as soon as the light turns green I go chasing after him. We catch up about a half mile up and catch a red light. I throw him a rev, he and his buddy just look back. The light turns green… nothing. I don’t want to look like a fool, so I’m just about to take off normal when all the sudden he just launches. I must have been a ½ car length behind, spinning all the way through first but not losing any ground. I hit second and I’m pulling on him, we’re just about even when I hit third and he just shuts down about 60 – 65. I let off, he’s just hanging behind until I come up on the left turn to my house. The guy just cruised by and didn’t even look. Is that a forfeit, a tie, win/loss? Hell, we didn’t even finish.

------------------
93 GT, CCM long block, GT40P heads, Crane 2031, 1.7 RR's, Moroso cold air, 73mm Vortech, 65mm TB, Cobra intake, 24# injectors, MSD 6AL, MAC GT40P headers, 2-1/2" BBK H-pipe (w/cats), Flowmasters, 3.55s, B&M Ripper shifter, Black Magic fan
withamc is offline   Reply With Quote