View Single Post
Old 07-11-2001, 01:37 PM   #1
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Red face First Race in Texas...uh oh

Well had my first race on the way home for lunch today. I didn't do so well.

With all the ricers around here I guess I just got surprised.

I was sitting at a light when I saw a grey mustang with a "SALEEN" sticker in the front window. Now with all the V6's and ricers around here I though, " Oh great another V6 Mustang trying to be something he's not"

I reved a little, and looked over with a "let's race" face (I haven't had a race here yet incase your wondering why I was going to go against a V6, getting kinda trigger happy I guess ).

However the blower sound put a lump in my through and I started to think I was dead. Then the grumbing exhaust sound came as he pulled up square.

In 25 years of living in Canada I have seen 1 Saleen mustang. I have now seen 2 .

The light went green and I pulled on him! I could hear his tires screaming. I heard him hit second. The tires caught, and about 1 second later he flew by me so fast I though I was standing still.

I followed the guy for a bit and it was a sweet car. Super wide tires, nice sounding exhaust, and all the Saleen body parts. I assume this was a Real saleen (99-01).

Never been so happy after getting my a$$ kicked. It was a nice car. Oh, and the guy was pretty cool too, no poor attitudes before or after the little contest (or schooling).

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote