View Single Post
Old 06-27-2001, 09:27 PM   #14
BennyBoy

Cool

I suppose you can say a Vette is a turd for how much they cost. They are a lot of money just to go real low 13s. But you gotta realize that these cars can run on a road race track pretty quick also. And not many cars can do that all stock, or modified. And yes, of course there are exceptions. The new Cobra R's and even old modded 5.0s. But the Vette is a fully produced model, not something that they made 300 or so of, like the Cobra R. The design of the Cobra R is completely based on the base model Mustang. The C5 Vette was made out of nothing, besides a vision and some clay. And the old 5.0 Mustangs were not meant for road race tracks at all. If you took one out there stock you'd get your behind whooped on by a lot of people.

In the small town I'm from, around 6000 people, there are 2 C5 Vettes. A 2000, and a 2001. The guy with the 2000 is a rich guy, about 35 or so. He's a real jackazz. But the guy with the 2001 is a very nice, friendly guy. And he is a car enthusiast, not some rich punk that thinks he's the shiznit.

jerryIII...So I don't think it's really right to stereotype C5 owners, even though you've never met a cool one. But now you know there's at least 1 cool one, so they aren't all jerks. And what's your car run? I'd say mid to high 13s? Is that about right? Going off your signature it would appear to me that way. So now you gotta admit that if you met a driver with the same amount as skill as you, you'd get to see some tail lights. You gotta respect the new Vettes, even if they are turds for how much they cost.

My $.02. Not trying to start a flame or piss you off.

------------------
'69 Coupe with 351W
=========================
Edelbrock RPM intake, Edelbrock RPM cam, Edelbrock 750 cfm carb, Edelbrock lifters, Edelbrock double roller timing chain, Edelbrock valve springs, Accel coil, Moroso Blue-Max wires, Hedman headers, 2 1/2" pipe, glasspacks, Flex fan, Lakewood traction bars, C4, 3:1 gears, 290hp-stock heads
=========================
The Surgeon General didn't say anything about smoking your azz!!

[This message has been edited by BennyBoy (edited 06-27-2001).]