View Single Post
Old 07-25-2001, 01:41 AM   #19
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Actually, keeping your foot on the gas going around sharp corners is a good way to fling your car into a ditch.

When you have the majority of your wieght transferred to the rear, during accleration, your rear wheels are driving. Now under accerlaeration goin around corners, the wieht is takin away from your front, giving your Steering, control wheels less grip. Nascar drivers call this condition TIGHT. Your car doesnt respond as well or as quick this way. If your going fast enough, you can have your wheel turned the whole way to the lock but your car will still keep plowing foward.

Going around corners and maximum speed (Method other than drifiting) you want to lighten up on the gas, or let off completely. If you realize your going a little to fast for the turn, dont Jam on the brakes at high speeds, thats a real good way to swing the rear loose, and loose control. Just let off the gas and gently get on the brake, or Cadence brake.

I unintetionally drifted my old Stang Diane around a corner at 90 MPH before. I've done it several time intetinionally since. Nothing like the Playstaion Games Gran Turismo.

Richie, Be carefull man. wouldnt want to see a fellow Mustanger get hurt.

------------------
64 1/2 "D" code Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 valves, 11:1 comp, 1.7:1 rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, modified 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. GT Apperance pkg. And to many others to list

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. BBK Underdrive pulleys, Flotech off-road H pipe. Hurst T-Handle, 40 series Flowmasters, Steeda Tri-Ax
64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe. Future resto.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote