View Single Post
Old 07-18-2001, 10:18 AM   #39
hi_nrg5.0
Registered Member

I am surprised that no one has told you this yet. I am going to assume that laws and court are the same state state or at least for the most part. You are going to Traffic court and other small offenses... there is not going to be a Jury.... before court you are going to met with the prosecutor... you will be given the oppurtunity to to state you case and facts, and discuss what your plea is going to be. Yes if you plead guilty the prosecutor will tell the Judge and also recommand to the Judge what the state thinks should happen. I also know that 99% is really high for convicting not guilty pleas. Even my wife was given two tickets for burnng my tires in my stang.. Exabition of spped and careless, she bet both no tickets no lawyer and no court fees, she just told the prosecutor... her deal.. they will work with you depending on evidence, past history, and etc... You sound like a good kid and I think that you should first explain your innocense to the pros. before you think about telling your judge that you are guilty. I think that you have a good chance... and also if the cop doesn't show then they will reschedule and then if it happens again it will be dismissed.. I share this first hand knowedgle with you because I was a witness to a incidence in the parking lot at work, I was the only witness and I have been to court 6 times since last feb. I have seen many cases and have become somewhat fimiliar with the procedures, since everytime I have been there it was a full house....... NOT ALWAYS IS THE POLICE OFFICERS WORD GOLDEN!

GOOD LUCK AND I WILL SAY A PRAYER FOR YOU TONIGHT!

hi_nrg5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote