View Single Post
Old 08-17-2001, 02:24 AM   #1
stanger8172
Registered Member

Smile what was your funnest street race?

Mine was right after I had the T-5 swap and no pullies, A/C Eliminator, short belt, glasspacks, or battery in the trunk last summer. I was on my way to my brothers at around 10pm when there was barely anyone out and I was trigger happy with the new T-5.

Then, as I was just rolling to a stop at the light on Hwy 164/59 in Waukesha a late model Pontiac GTP rolls up and throws a rev. He looked over and reved again. I threw a rev and after the light turned green he got the jump and I was soon seeing HIS tail-lights. We shut down after 60mph in a 45. I couldn't believe it so...

At the next light it is just me and him. We didn't look at each other. GRRRR on my part! There is still no one around except for a couple cars going the other way. He got the better jump again but this time I was up to his door instead of a car length behind. We got up to around 50mph and shut-down. I like the fact that he seemed sober, ya know, and stayed ahead at a decent speed without blowing the emblems off other cars. At that point I new it was time to go harder on this clutch.( Yes, I was new to street racing)

So I stroll up and he's puffing on a smoke with the passenger window rolled down. No one is around except for granny punani getting her groceries. I rolled mine down and he said that he had a bigger pulley on his blower. So the light turns green and I finally launch at around 2000. He does a mean burnout but it didn't help. I took him by about a car length or more. We shut down at 50! Then I did a U-turn and went back to my bro's.No one has ever stayed behind after losing to me after that!!! He sure showed me how to use a clutch!!! lol!

------------------
'91 LX convertible , T-5, Centerforce Dual Friction, FMS adjustable cable w/quadrant, 3:55's(not installed yet), ported/polished/milled E7 heads, 1.6rr, 1.94/1.60 stainless valves, March Performance Pulleys and A/C Eliminator, short belt, K&N, battery in trunk, glasspacks w/turndowns, 225/50/16 Re 730's
stanger8172 is offline   Reply With Quote