View Single Post
Old 02-28-2002, 04:39 PM   #1
bark3rd
Registered Member

Default 1st kill with blown 00GT (vs older turbo supra)

Had first kill last night with new Vortech. I was cruising on the freeway about 80 and passed by an older bodystyle Supra, he had a fart can and was lowered so I slowed to see if he wanted some. He pulled up next to me, now going about 50 and punched it, I heard a turbo spool then I drowned it out with my blower and off road H. I pulled him by 7-8 car lengths up to 120 then shut down, then I let him get in front of me and he tried to lose me, I stayed right on his bumper and flashed my brights at him to pass and he changed lanes as I blew by him (he was still floored, I could hear the turbo). I was impressed that he was as fast as he was, although he was probably even more surprised that a stock looking GT spanked him (He would have NO problem with a stock GT) . What are common mods and power output for these cars? I wonder what he had to have to stay as close as he did (of course this was a high speed start, I would think the best scenario for him). My wild guess is about 320-350 hp for this guy. After my chip is programmed optimally (should get near 400 hp) I will have more fun taunting him! My car must be a sleeper because about 5 min later some dude in a chevy pickup pulled next to me and was revving and taunting! I almost didnt respond, but you know.......
Black 2000 GT, Vortech SQ trim, 38 lb inj, 80mm Pro-m MAF, MAC prochamber offroad-H, 2 chamber flows, 4:10's, HPM Megabite Jr LCA's, Tokico Illumina 5way front shocks, Steeda sport springs, FMS alum D/S, Nitto 555R's, B&M ripper shifter, Autometer boost and fuel press. gauges: 1st dyno run (final chip not burned yet- pig rich): 364.3 RWHP, 352 RWTQ
bark3rd is offline   Reply With Quote