View Single Post
Old 03-05-2002, 05:23 PM   #13
Severisth
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bark3rd
silver 6: when you sell your 6 banger take my advice: Instead of buying a new or used stock 00 Gt, find a nicely modified one and buy it instead. I bought my car before I knew diddly about Mustangs, I kick myself in the *** every time i look through the auto trader and see 100's of low mile mustangs with every expensive mod imaginable selling for at or near the price of stock ones!
That's what I tell people too. The common reason not to buy modified is that you'll "know they've been beat on". That may be true, and you may break a part or two.

But look at the logic in this example: A car with 5,000 worth of mods on it (that you would have had to buy) breaks 1,000 worth of parts. That means you saved 4,000 buying those parts for the stock GT. And you're faster from the start! You don't have to deal with the headaches of crappy shops ripping you off or breaking things, you don't have to worry about spending entire weekends installing parts, and you don't have to wait for weeks while your car is torn apart getting new installations.

Just my 2 cents
Severisth is offline   Reply With Quote