Thread: Yamaha 750
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2001, 04:39 PM   #1
rbatson

Thumbs up Yamaha 750

I saw 3 guys riding together on cafe racers up ahead in traffic. I'm doing my best to get up with them and finally I get a break. I ride behind them for awhile and one of them is doing wheelies and such(pretty cool). They are taking up both lanes when a SUV comes flying up behind them and they make way, I slip in beside them and cruise at their speed to check out their bikes and notice they all seem to be 750s. I give the ol' stang a few stabs to provoke I know what they were thinking "what does this mustang guy think he's doing", I actually expected to get smoked. You are not going to believe what happened next (I'm not sure I do), one of the guys gets right next to me and I see him taking off and his frony end lifting... I'm ready. I slap it back to 2nd and floor it. What's this?? We are next to each other and I just look over and am passing him. Strange feelings, passing a 750 cafe. I looked in the rear view and see his buddys way behind just looking at each other, oh and the smoke from my car(did I mention I still got some tuning to do?). I slow down and we are all cruising together again and the guy who was doing the wheelies is checking out the car then waves, I'm waiting for him to jump but he just waves again so I wave back. He never jumped, we just cruised 'til I had to turn off. Oh and they never looked over again. Man I never thought I could run with a sports bike, but I guess they aren't as fast as I thought. On second thought, maybe the rider just has to have the balls to push it. Either way, it was cool as h3ll.

Its nice to be able to downshift into 2nd again... Where is that damn RX-7!!

------------------
Rick
My 89lx(updated 11/5/2000)
My 97 Cobra