View Single Post
Old 01-11-2001, 04:58 PM   #7
88GT5.013.02

I can tune carbs just as good as the next guy. Yeah I drive a new EFI car, but I grew up tuning carbed cars. My dad has a 63 1/2 Galaxie with a 427. This thing has dual quads and it has a solid lifter cam. I can tune the carbs, I can set the points, and I can set the hot and cold valve lash (which on a solid lifter motor could be weekly depending on how much you drive it).

Carbed cars are great, but I wouldn't trade EFI for the world, in terms of driveability. I turn the key and it starts. You can get a carb to do this, but I don't have the time to tune it to the weather. EFI automatically adjusts to weather changes.

Carbs are good for high performance, but in my mind and for me EFI is where it is at. All around, EFI performs better than a carb.

------------------
88GT stock shortblock, ported GT-40 iron heads, Edlebrock Performer intake, 24# inj, Pro-M 75mm Bullet MAM, 3.73, hurst short throw, F-303, electric fan, alum rad, FMS HD clutch, R134a ac conversion, 70mm TB , and some other stuff I probably forgot, best run so far on ET streets is 13.02@106 with a 1.87 60ft Only been to the track once still alot more tuning to do and need more driving experience.(Full body weight GT, full tank of gas, and sway bars connected, gonna disconnect sway bars and dip

[This message has been edited by 88GT5.013.02 (edited 01-11-2001).]

[This message has been edited by 88GT5.013.02 (edited 01-11-2001).]