View Single Post
Old 01-13-2001, 01:40 AM   #16
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Question

Alrighty, I've seen my name mentioned, and I feel I must clear up some stuff here.

I disagree fully with all the old cars being quicker, or lasting longer than the EFI stuff. I love EFI, whenever somebody tells me they prefer the simplicity of carbs I laugh, because that means they just don't know much about EFI.

Old BB and the like can be setup to beat the Fox bodies, in stock to stock form, but not many of them. Sure your 428CJ's, LS6 454 Chevelle's and what not can really crank. Some are capable of blowing the 5.0's doors off when they are modded and the 5.0 isn't.

Back here in the real world, which is where I reside, the old BB's are good for about 60-70k before they begin getting tired, and the EFI cars run to 120-140k before you see the same reaction from them. My '87 GT gets 20/27 for fuel economy, should run high 13's, I've taken WS6's and SS's, but never by anything more than a car, blowing one away would be the mark of a 12 second car at least. My '87 weighs under 3100lbs, which is lighter than Mercdude at 3200, so I don't know where his numbers are coming from?

Anyway, lot's of people don't give the credit those old cars deserve, but they are by no means nearly as nice as the new ones. Not even close, not in the same ballpark.

My GT is so vastly superior to say a '69 Mach 1, which may actually beat me in the quarter when it's new, that the comparison is not even funny.

I've beaten the BB's, in fact I've never lost to one, even with 130,000+ miles on my 5.0, and there is no way you're going to get me to admit to their superiority.

I see that the new GT has been mentioned, it's the quickest Mustang GT ever produced. It outhandles, outaccelerates, and out top ends any GT Ford has ever put onto the road. The '99 Cobra with fix is arguably the quickest factory Ford Mustang ever produced, and would absolutely annihilate any other Mustang Ford has put on the road when tested across multiple road courses and driving scenerio's, from the 1/4, to the 0-100-0, to any test you can come up with. Even the mighty 93-94 Cobra R would fall to this car. (I don't even consider the new Cobra R to be a Mustang, it's a joke. $50k? What a laugh.)

That is where I stand, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I feel the owner of the new GT's perhaps have a bit too much ego, but certainly have the right to be proud of their cars, Ford has never made them better than they do today.

And you can quote me on that!

Unit 5302
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote