View Single Post
Old 03-12-2003, 05:33 PM   #10
explicitone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by EZRIDN
88workcar......I have been TOTALLy frustrated with my '86 GT (3.73s, x pipe, pullies, elec fan, drag suspension, Cobra intake/TB, and the stock 86 Long block). I installed 90/10s, 50/50s, eibach pro launch kit, removed the front sway bar, i have mac uppers/lowers and now the freakin car wheel hops on radials, and on the street with DRs. I have heard from my great friend, Sedanman that the Macs are to blame, but which ones, the uppers or lowers? he doesn't know since he switched both out. Any thoughts????

Anyways i took the car to the track witht he drag suspension and DR's and equalled my 60 with stock suspension and sway bar on street radials!!!! The car would not hook when i reved it up and dumped the clutch at all. Last run i slipped it out from 1500 and bogged and got a 2.1 60' and my best time of the night at 14.1 @ 97.88. Its pretty apparent that i cannot drop the clutch on the DRs b/c of the 60's (2.03-2.07 range ) Should i just slip it out at 2500-3000 like you say?????? i race alot and do nto want to beat the crap out of the car..so any suggestions???// The track i run at sucks for traction so that doesn;t help.

what kind of tire pressure are you running
had I have heard nothing but bad things about the mac arms and causing wheel hop was one of them

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote