View Single Post
Old 11-02-2002, 10:39 PM   #60
20LbsBoost

How-d. I'm in southern lower Michigan.

Thanks for the accolades on the GN!

Well, to explain why I don't know the track or street definition of power adder I don't go to tracks and don't hang around a race type crowd. The guys I hang with are 30-40yrs old, have very well cared for classics and/or are the turbo guys. Nitrous has never been part of our car lifestyle. When I grew up it was cubic inches...end of story. The only exposure or use I've had for NOS has been at the dentist office.

As far as the turbo guys, please don't take my opinion as every turbo guy's opinion. I've had a GN since 1991 and have NEVER heard a turbo referred to as a power adder. I'll take a sample of the GN/TTA guys to see how many of them have heard the term and what it means to them.

I've heard a turbo referred to as a "snail", "whistler", "eureka" (vacuum) and some other things.

Don't think I'm upset about anyone using laughing gas, I'm not at all. I just think it's a weak way to get power. I wouldn't ever use it on my car personally, but that's me. I wanted to get opinions from people who use or endorse it's use is all. Personally, I couldn't take pride in a good 1/4mi time, or impressive street performance becuase of laughing gas.
1989 PAS Turbo T/A #1233
*12.93@104mph 3.8 V-6
1987 Grand National

http://www.krif.com/tta/