View Single Post
Old 07-24-2002, 06:59 AM   #42
Aquaman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Coupe5oh

True, you would gain ground on him, after all, he is 4.30 geared tremec equipped stang, we build our cars for the 1/4 mile, therefore that mustang would rock your world outta the hole, which is what its made to do, just like your car is made/designed in a frickin wind tunnel.
this car im talking about is in last months issue of mm&ff's, it is the black 91 LX hatch "punisher" if you ever actually look at them insead of critizing?

thank you now run along.
Most Mustangs will "Rock" me outta the hole hell a 02GT with just gears and exhaust will take me thru first. (I know first hand ) and like you said I pull strong up top usually from about 50mph and on plus I run on normal street tires crappy run-flats actually.

I don't just criticize Mustangs I somtimes criticize their owners, the ones that think their car is something it's not. I do that with F-bod guys who feel the same way. anybody for that matter even other vetters. My friend and fellow Forum member has a mustang and it's damn fast and he knows how to drive. however he doesn't think that it's the fastest car around and he respects the ability of fast cars wether it be a Mustang, F body, Vette, 71 Nova, or a ******* Baby blue Civic that runs 11's. he doesn't look down on any car that performs. I am the same way I may have an issue with the 03 but a large part of that is my inane desire to rile the troops but it's partly because it hasn't quite lived up to the hype. If when the Z06 came out and it was hyped as being a 12.5@115ish car and was nearly always running 14's or very high 13's I would be all over that like crazy. Even thouigh I'm a Vette guy.

But it does run 12.5's @115 sometimes better sometimes worse but more often the not (thats an important element here) it does what they say it will. I'm guessing that there are a few 03 owners on this board. I know theres one because I tried to line up a race with him and he passed for the time being. With all my blowing of 14's and 104-106 times has even one of them stood up and said "I have a stock 03 cobra and I ran 12.6@113 here's my slip" and post it..........Yeah thats what I thought.

I have said before and I'll say again it should be able to do it. I don't know why they are not. People say it's too hot it's this it's that but right now on the same day these 03's are going 13.6's -14.0's I'm running 12.6-12.8 meaning I would be between 10-14 lengths ahead (using the .1=1 car theory) and Sky with his "slow" trap speed car would be up to 17 lengths thats a big big differance.