View Single Post
Old 07-16-2001, 03:36 PM   #30
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Ok I talked to another Lawyer and his cost was $500, he said he would plea bargain and offer community service, and he could probaly get it down to a couple hundred dollars. He was going to get a copy of the police report, and he said 99.9% of the time people plead NOT GUILTY, they are found GUILTY. And he said if I did that, there is a possibility I could go to Jail. Then I got to thinking that if he doesn't get anything reduced, or dismissed, there's a waste of $500. Quite a bit of money too me. =o/ So I went down to got a copy of the police report, well the guy told me there was not one......So.......? Then I called the court clerk I believe and asked if I "really" needed a lawyer and she said " No, not on your first offense." , she acted like it was not a big deal. And she also said I would take care of everything that day, pay for it and all, but the lawyer said they would set another date. Which one is it? I also got a copy of the actual law, and it says the a fine of no less than $25.00 and no more than $500.00. I was writting a reply a second ago and I spent about 30 minutes on it and wrote the exact law word for word and everything, and I made a spelling error and backspaced and it went back to the last page and it wouldn't let me go foward and IT ERASED IT! Oh Well....So here is my plans for Thursday, Go in there, well dressed, very respectful, and if I have the chance to talk/ or make a request, then I am going to ask if there is a chance I could take a Defensive Driving Course and do community service to lessen the fine or etc....? Any input??? I mean no police report, not a detailed write up on the ticket, this is my first EVER ticket, they didn't stop the other guy, I've never been in trouble with the law before, I wasn't speeding, nor burning out. That all makes me want to try and get out of it, but if I do that, then I am in front of a jury etc.... and jail? No thank you please. So I am probaly going to plead guilty and hope the judge sees that I am a good guy, and I made a mistake, and it won't happen again!(Like 500 people ranging from old guys in odd ball cars to kid's in newer GT's to a 95 ZR1<---sweet car, and a nice guy I might add) have tried to race me since the ticket) all I can say is I have alot of self control and I'm pretty smart not to do it again(on the street).....=P Well what do you guys think?

------------------
3:55's,BBK Off-Road H-pipe,BBK jet-hot coated equal length shorty headers,BBK 70mm Throttle Body,BBK adjustable clutch quadrant,C & L 76mm Mass air meter, PRO 5.0, Subframe connectors, Cobra R's 17x9 w/ 245's,Trick Flow Intake,Flowmaster Force II exhaust system, Super Duty T5,Centerforce II Clutch,Heavy Duty Radiator,9mm Ford racing plug wires,Accel cap and Rotor, moroso battery relocation kit, strut tower brace, 4 inch harwood cool hood, autometer phantom gauges

http://www.geocities.com/i8ur
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote