View Single Post
Old 11-09-2001, 11:34 AM   #12
NO SLO PK
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 5.0 HO:
The people that buy these trucks dont buy them for reliability but for speed.

36,000 mi warranty doesnt go very far. I love the lightning's but after what I saw I think I would rather build my own fast truck.

to each his own

Sorry to say but that's a blanket statement that is probably wrong in many cases. I know a lot of Lightning owners that use them as primary vehicles, so reliability IS very important and a definite purchase consideration. Many Lightning owners including myself bought these trucks to commute with.

Although a 3 yr./36k warranty isn't a lot, can't you purchase the exteneded warranty for not a lot of dough?

I appreciate that you're going to build your own fast truck. But IMO, building one that's fast and commuter reliable is not as straightforward as building one that's just fast. All I'm saying is that the new L can do both, and that's part of what you're paying for.

Russ

------------------
Russ L
'91 LX
Procharger, 3 row intercooler, extrude honed Cobra intake, Mac full Length Headers, 30# inj., 73mm C&L, 75mm tb, E303 cam, 289 rods, ported E7 heads, MSD, T-Rex w/255 lph Walbro, 5 lug conversion, Cobra R wheels, 3.27 gears and Moser Axles.
NO SLO PK is offline   Reply With Quote