MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-24-2001, 10:00 AM   #1
LittleBlueStang
Registered Member

Default Kickin' it Old School

This was probably about ten years ago and I was in high school. My ride was a 78' fairmont wagon. It had over 400, 000 miles on the chassis, every option (none of it worked anymore-"vice grip style" power windows lol) and was a factory V-8 car. The original motor gave it up a long time ago and we swapped in a 69' 302 out of a mustang. We also put in a rallye style full instrument dash out of a 78' turbo thunderbird in it. So here I am, sitting at the light in town with my rusted-out turd; welded on rear bumper, 3 mis-matched hubcaps, skinny wore-out tires, when along comes a chrysler lebaron turbo stopping next to me at the light. Well, this is one of those roads that narrow from two lane into one shortly after the light and you want to be in the front to enter the lane firstto avoid being stuck behind slower drivers, so it's understood that whoever you are, whatever you are in...it's on when the green drops. The light went green and we both gave it hell. We were fender to fender for about 100' when I notice a blue light it my dash come on out of the corner of my eye that looks like the "bright lights" indicator. I look down and it's the "turbo" light shining! My car had the dash out of the turbo T-bird and somehow, the turbo light in the dash still worked. I pulled half a car length on the lebaron and we were nearing the narrow spot. Since I was ahead and wasn't lifting, he had to lock up the brakes and get behind me. Usually I defer to the other driver on roads like this, but since it was his lane that merges into mine, I felt justified in fighting to keep my lane. Later when I got home, I saw that lebaron sitting kitty-corner to my house across the street and found out that it was my neighbor's car and he had just bought it and was driving home from the dealer when we caught each other at the light. He hasn't liked me since. LOL
Old 12-24-2001, 11:48 AM   #2
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

That's awesome. So your TURBO kicked in huh? About your neighbor, he's probaly just mad you made him your....well you know.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 02:37 PM   #3
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

that must have really pissed him off
did u go do a burnout later on infront of his house????
thats wut i would do
there are these neighbours just down the road from us that are sorta jerks and ***** about a lot of things especially how ppl drive
so next summer when they are out side and i turn off the street on to my street i'm gonna light em up through 2 gears
Old 12-25-2001, 12:09 AM   #4
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Talking

a station wagon hehe, no wonder he's pissed that's funny

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2001, 01:00 AM   #5
fastang
Registered Member

**** you neighbors. Chrylsers are pieces of **** anyway, I know because I work for a Mopar parts department.

Go write FORD in their frond yard with ajax so it kills all the grass and the FORD stays there for a while.
old car: 95GT, TFS T.W. heads, Holley Intake, B303 cam, FRPP 30lb injectors, Scorpion 1.6 rollers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, March Pulleys, MSD coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550 trans, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors. 190lph pump, BBK adj FPR.
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote