MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2002, 12:11 PM   #27
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Thumbs down

I can't even believe I'm bothering to post. Wonder why I left this board in the first place....

86 Grand Marqui(s) can't even spell the name of the car he has. I'm sure you're known as the "guru" because nobody else living out in the "woods" has any idea what those city rules of street racing are. Apparently, you've single handedly created a joke of street racing in your area.

As for the Probe doing 140, quit bashing the quote. If you want to do a fricken comparison between the aerodynamics of that car, and a Mustang, you might find some almost merit to it. Throw in a speedo that's off a little and voila. 140mph on the speedo, assuming the speedo reads that high.

I have the day off from work so I thought I'd swing through. This is the crap I find. A 34 year old ricer who doesn't know what kind of car he has, is the street racing guru for his area because he invents the rules, has been on the internet a long time so he doesn't type clearly, and a bunch of people with errors in their own typing bitching about guru boy's typing.

How about some real math since I wasted so much of my time reading all this **** (admittedly, my fault).

If 86 Ricer steals (takes the jump on) Sedanman out of the hole, and he's 375ft in front of him, how is the damn race flagged? As soon as Sedanman is able to hear 86 Ricer's car take off (unlikely since it's a 86 Grand Marquis, and I didn't see exhaust listed as a modification, maybe it's just all rusted away to make it loud enough to actually hear)? That would mean Sedanman's R/T + the time it would take for the sound to reach him (we're assuming the standard figure for the speed of sound, not taking into consideration outside factors such as the barometric pressure, humidity, temperature, and CO2 concentrations 331.45 m/s or about 1087 f/s) would be about .35sec + R/T of about .500 (benefit of the doubt). That's a total of .35+.50 = .85sec. How far will 86 Ricer travel in .85sec. Since he borrowed his grandfather's 86 Grand Marquis that pulls a 2.19 60ft time, he'll average about 18mph through the first 60ft. .85 x 18 x 1.5 = about 23ft. So he's really getting another car plus some, and close to a 14mph rolling start. Obviously, the car won't accelerate in a linear fashion, but it decreases the complication of the mathematics involved, and since we are dealing with rather minute time frames here considering it'll take over 16.5sec for 86 Ricer to complete the race, it should be accurate enough.

It's clearly obvious 86 Ricer sticks to the back country street racing because he would get the crap beat out of him showing up with that car and trying to stage a 15 minute race. LOL. The one real question is, how do you pull a 2.19 60ft on dirt roads? Does Farmer Cletus-Bob put down traction compound on the sand?

I think I've satisfied my need to check in for a while...