MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2003, 07:48 PM   #1
Jaegermeister2k
Registered Member

Default Just got a taste of an ls1

I was just comming home from work after some overtime,and it was night already so i took it easy.Anyway i was driving home on 301 when this firebird formula came up t me and letting me know he wanted to race.We didn't get a chance untill we drove left on causway and i cought up to him(I though he went the other way so i slowed down).Anyway when i caught up i noticed he downshifted and waited for me to punch it.So i did,and we were pretty even till about 80mph(i was expecting that from a roll)I shifted into fourth alittle early,and he still had alot of third left.Then he shifted into fourth,his tires chirped alittle and he started pulling on me like i was in fifth or something We had to break it up because of traffic,but he was a cool guy.I gave him a thumbs up and we talked about the cars alittle at the stop light.He seemed alittle surprised i only had gears,chip,off road x pipe and a cat back.He had a k&n filter headers,and an off road pipe he said.I think they all use y pipes.Anyway he turned out to be a cool guy unlike most other lt1/ls1 drivers i meet.All in all it was a cool day but i didn't like racing on the street.

PS:The road names only mean something to people who live around here.So don't ask me why i wrote em down thinking they're importaint or something.
Jaegermeister2k is offline   Reply With Quote