MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2001, 01:36 AM   #1
BennyBoy

Cool New to him '92 RS(long).

I have a friend that is 16 but has gone through 3 cars already. An 85 Z28, 305 to 350...a 85 Dodge Custom pickup, 318 from a Duster, cammed, 3.55s...and now a really nice looking '92 RS with a little 305.

Well, since he has had his car he's kinda been anxious to race me. I never raced his first Camaro, I smoked his truck that he thought was hot sh!t, so he was thinking he could get me in his RS.

Well, we headed out to the country. I had my girlfriend with me and he had one of our friends (guy). We lined up and I power stalled up to 1500 (I need to go higher), and my girlfriend yelled for us to go when we were both ready. I jumped him right off the line, even with my slap happy 3:1 open. Traction for the first 60 feet sucked actually, they screeched a little off the line, then at about 3000 they just let go. But after that I pulled HARD. I went clear up to 120 since I haven't for so long, and to just kinda rub it in his face. Turned on the hazards and took it 85 the way back in.

That was long. Sorry, guys. They always end up like long like this. Maybe I should be a writer...

------------------
'69 Coupe with 351W
=========================
Edelbrock Performer-RPM intake manifold, Edelbrock Performer-RPM cam, Edelbrock lifters, Edelbrock 750 cfm carb, Accel coil, Moroso Blue-Max spark plug wires, Hedman headers, 2 1/2" pipe, glasspacks, Edelbrock double roller timing chain, Edelbrock valve springs, Flex fan, C4, Lakewood traction bars, 3:1 open rear-9" 3.89:1 posi coming this summer
=========================