MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2001, 09:38 AM   #1
john_86stang
Registered Member

Thumbs down 86 Grand National takes me to school!!!

Well street racing in the small town I live in is slow most of the time to say the least. But to my surprise I got a race the other night. But man did it turn out bad. Me and a buddy were cruising, and see a Regal coming, lights up coming hard. He wizzed by and I did a quick U-turn and I was on him. I missed my chance at the red light. A little cavalier got in front of me. Well right before the light changes I hear a whining noise, then he takes off. Well turns out this is a Grand National. He slows rolls down the window and ask if I want to go run em. You know us Mustang guys love abuse, I say yeah man let's go. Well my car is pretty much stock, just bolt on mods. But I still wanted to race this guy. I did a little small burnout and he heated up his BFG Drag Radial just a little. Well we had a guy flagging and we both left at the same time. We jumped out even and from then on all I seen was Buick tailights. Man that thing was fast. I stopped and talked to him afterwards and he was real nice guy. Is there anything I could do to take this guy? He says his car runs 12.40 on the street but with race gas and slicks it will go 11.90's.

------------------
John Welch
86 GT, 3.73's, H-pipe w/ 2-chamber Flows, No smog pump or A/C, crank pulley, K&N in stock box, adj. FPR, bypassed EGR(coolant) Best Run 14.34 @100.0 MPH (on G-Tech)
john_86stang is offline   Reply With Quote