MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-23-2001, 03:37 PM   #1
sedanman
Registered Member

Post Raced Modded LS1 and LT1

The first race was against BIGSS from camaroz28.com it is a 00 SS M6 with wisper lid & K&N. I screwed up the starting procedure so he got a car and a half jump!! But no fear I launched hard and pulled by him by the top of 3rd and short shifted 4th a bit and the end result was me by about 2 cars!!! He didn't want to race again with a even start.

The next was against a 94 6spd Stage II heads, cam, Lingenfelter ported intake, full exhaust, 3:73, and all the other little bull crap.

So we line them up and I am out about 1/2 car (through 1st) but then his shift linkage breaks. So we line them up again after the fix, I spin BAD and he pulls about 3/4 car and then we stay even then he pulls about 3/4 of a car over 100. Oh well you win some you lose some.

------------------
1991 Lx sedan 5.0, 5spd, GT-40 Heads, Cobra intake, 73MM mass air, 65mm TB, FPR, 24lb injectors, E303, Headers,off road H-pipe, Flows, K&n , hurst, 3:55's, pullies,electric fan, mac upper and lower control arms, HD trac-loc, lakewood 50/50's on back, shift light, centerforce dual friction, and rebuilt heavy duty T5, A/C SP delete 255/50/16 BFG DR AL D/S
New time
13.2@105.5
sedanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2001, 04:29 PM   #2
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

Sounds like some nice runs. You can never win'em all..

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, A9P Computer, Cobra Transmission, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley Fuel Regulator, March Underdrive Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 79mm Mass Air Unit, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2001, 04:34 PM   #3
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Cool

Sounds like killer races =)

I think yur lt1 buddy is lying bout what he gots or cant drive ; )

Honestly, if yur best run is 13.2... he should be deep into the 12's.. unless he cant drive =P Dunno.. ive ran mid 12's on radials.. sh*tty sumitomos lol

Good runs

Phil
Jerico Performance

SkarodoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2001, 08:19 PM   #4
sedanman
Registered Member

Yeah, he is not to happy with the way the car runs. When he did the heads, cam, intake bit he thought he was going to run 12.2's but has only run a 13.0 on radials, dunno I have only met him a couple times and have not ridden in the car so I can't speak for his driving skills, but he did out launch me the second time.
sedanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2001, 11:43 PM   #5
89stanglx
Registered Member

Brandon is one of the better drivers around. Atleast of the ones that I've ridden with. I think this weekend he's going to the strip with us to see if he can get a bit more out of the car.

------------------
Auto to T-5 conversion, FMS HD clutch, BBK adjustable clutch quadrant, FMS 3.55 gears, off road H-pipe, 2 chamber flows, ASP aluminum underdrives, 130A alternator, Black Magic electric fan, Hurst short-throw, Kenny Brown subframes and strut tower brace
89stanglx is offline   Reply With Quote