MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-16-2001, 02:24 AM   #1
mustangracing0804
Registered Member

Unhappy need help??????????????????

I want to build up a mustang to race great, but need to start learning how to. Help me please???????? I want it street and strip. I need to learn about parts first. The Fast and the Furious inspired me.

[This message has been edited by mustangracing0804 (edited 07-16-2001).]
mustangracing0804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 11:35 AM   #2
HiFlow5 0
Registered Member

well what r u looking for, what do u want to achieve? do u want a all out race car, street/strip car, or will it only be a street machine? what are your goals, engine, suspension, looks?

------------------
89 GT AOD w/ shift kit, Trickflow intake, Crane (E-type) cam, 70Tb, 75MAF, 1.6 Rockers, Pulleys, MAC headers and H-pipe, Dynomax mufflers, K&N, 3 core radiator, custom interior, cobra R rims
HiFlow5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 07:52 PM   #3
lx mike
Undescribable

HighFlow is right, you need to decide what you want, i'd start by getting hold of any mustang magazines and books you can, go to barnes and nobles and get a few books and magazines and sit there and read them. this is a good place to learn about mustangs and u can ask all the questions u want or check the archives too.

------------------
93-LX: 5 Speed, Flow's with H-Pipe, 3.73's Sub's and K&N.
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 08:18 PM   #4
Stang Runner
Registered Member

How much power do you want?? Do you have a car?

------------------
1988 LX 5.0 Was 3060lbs (full Tank) 14.62@96.9On a Gtech Drivetrain: 3.55, World Class T-5, Lakewood Bellhousing, Adjustable Cluch Cable, AL Driveshaft, Manual Steering Rack Suspension: MAC Control Arms,Maximum Motorsports Front Grip Package, H&R Sport Spings, Bilstein Shocks
Engine: Steal Mounts, K&N, Under Drive Pulles Exhaust: 1 5/8 Un-Equal Length Mac Headers, X-pipe W\cats, Edelbrock cat\back Cooling:3 Core Radiator
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 10:56 PM   #5
dinomite
The Dude

Ya, you need to know what your want to do, and then you need to know:

how fast do you want to spend? (you read that right)
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 12:16 PM   #6
Streetracerer2k1
Registered Member

Cool

Hey,

Iv started doing the same thing to my stang and i was wondering how i could get some seriouse power out of it, its a 94 3.8l v6, its mainly going to be a street racing car and or a road racer for like Leguna Seca, i already have some bolt on parts to my engine right now and im building a 347 stroker, with paxton supercharger. any advice? and plz don't recomend nitos, its cheap way for lil 4banger imports to keep up with us, thanks for any info

Steven
Streetracerer2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 12:37 PM   #7
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

Motor:

Cold Air Induction
Mass Air Meter
Throttle Body
Intake
Heads
Headers
H-pipe...X-pipe

Suspension:

Lowering springs
Controller Arms
Shocks
Struts
------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, Cobra Transmission, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley AFPR, March Underdrive Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 73mm Vortech MAF, 70mm TB, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, AC and Smog del, rear seat del.

[This message has been edited by Smokedawg (edited 07-19-2001).]
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 06:21 PM   #8
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

The first thing you need to decide is whether you want it to corner well like a roadrace car, or to launch hard and maintain traction in a straight line like a drag car, because these two extremes are unfortunately not compatible.
I have seen a Foxbody notch with over 500ft-lbs torque run a 15 second 1/4 mile on drag radials because it was set up for handling with the Griggs GR40 suspension (although it did trap at almost 120mph).
As for your engine, as long as you don't get too extreme and go for all out top end power, Mustangs can make a lot of horses and still be very streetable, especially with a power adder.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 10:51 PM   #9
Streetracerer2k1
Registered Member

Cool

Hey, Thanks for the info, it will probally be more of a street racer, but i still want it to be agiale do you have any advice for this kind of setup?
Old 07-19-2001, 11:04 PM   #10
dinomite
The Dude

you were right in your first post, you need to get some more cylinders! the question is really how fast do you want to spend? my suggestion would really be to get a new car and start with a manual v8, that is, unless you have a lot of money to burn.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 08:36 PM   #11
Streetracerer2k1
Registered Member

Cool

Hey,
Well my 94 and stroker just got sold i totalled my dads truck and sold my car and parts to replace the truck one of my friends has a 99 v6 with a blown engine and interior damage that i might be able to pick up cheap, at most though i want to put $15k under the hood. any ideas, just keep in mind that i won't have it all at once unless i with the lottery or some **** thanks for any ideas

Steven