MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-02-2001, 07:31 PM   #21
GP6T
Registered Member

Dude, 10's @106 I DONT THINK SO!!!!!!!
Maybe in a sandrail or something, NOT A FULL BODIED CAR.
I dont mean to be a dick but sometimes I just cant help it. In this case I cant help it.
NO CAR RUNNING 90MPH HAS A TRACTION PROBLEM, SORRY!
YOUD BE LUCKY TO HAVE A TRACTION PROBLEM IN THE RAIN. Your car is making about 200 or so HP, so, IN MY OPINION, You have a power problem.
Dont get caught up in this slick and Drag radial hype. A car that runs 15's will not improve much with them.
If you cant handle an honest opinion, DONT POST. All the azz kissing around this place is comedy. I tell it like it is, no sugur coating from me. If you want that go to the Britiny Spears web page.

gp6t TRD-SOLARA........12.77@106.7
READ IT AND WEEP
GP6T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2001, 07:50 AM   #22
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

"10's @106"

I phucking kid you not my friend this dude drives a 60's vette dragster and runs 10's @106mph. If I was gonna lie I would come up with something better than that.

I read my friend but no weeping here 12.77 @106mph Good for you congratulations.

If I was looking for *** kissing the title of the post would not be "pathetic" 1/4 mile times.

Before you start talking about I only have 200 HP realize this was at 6400ft and the track was damp.

A stock stang has 225HP and 300 ft lbs of
torque. and I would hope that I at least have 250HP.

------------------
88 mustang gt convertible bored to 306 BBk equal length headers mac cold air fender kit 3.73 FMS gears cowl hood nitto drag radials ford racing clutch flow masters h-pipe 160* thermostat 16 degrees of timing electric fan off 94' t-bird jacobs electronics cap and wires. Edelbrock 1 1/2 inch drop springs.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2001, 09:29 PM   #23
GP6T
Registered Member

Sorry dude, Your running 90@ 3000 feet NOT 6400 feet. The humidity and heat will only take a few tenths off in a computer controlled fi car. I dont really have a problem with your cars performance, however, I do think your DREAMING when you say you have a "TRACTION PROBLEM" in a car that runs 90mph (AT ANY ALTITUDE).

TRD-SOLARA-------12.77@106.7
LACR........2800ft. elevation

Old 08-03-2001, 09:47 PM   #24
LfiveohX
Addicted to the 5.0

GP6T - What have you done to your Solara to run a 12.77 @ 106.7 at LACR? That's quite impressive for any car to reach that MPH at LACR. Especially a Front-Drive.
LfiveohX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2001, 08:16 AM   #25
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GP6T:
[b]Sorry dude, Your running 90@ 3000 feet NOT 6400 feet. The humidity and heat will only take a few tenths off in a computer controlled fi car. I dont really have a problem with your cars performance, however, I do think your DREAMING when you say you have a "TRACTION PROBLEM" in a car that runs 90mph (AT ANY ALTITUDE).

I have one word for you man "Oxygen" all motors need it to make power and the higher up you are the les oxygen there is you dont know what you are talking about.

We are having an IHRA points race here tomorrow so all of the racers were at the test and tunes and they had out there altitude meters and it was @5800 yesterday and that my friend was on a good day.

[This message has been edited by 5.0 HO (edited 08-04-2001).]
Old 08-04-2001, 10:36 AM   #26
fordmanck
Registered Member

In a sense the Solara guy is right. If you have no traction your MPH will actually go up, not down. I think you were suffering from a lack of power and traction. I would try to figure out why the car is running slower trap speeds before you try to get it to hook. I am cutting 1.6 60's on stock suspension with the sway bar removed, weld in subs and slicks. You shouldn't have any problem doing the same. Just my 2¢.

------------------
My 94 GT
fordmanck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2001, 09:51 PM   #27
GP6T
Registered Member

Im not really trying to pick you or your car apart. I just think you need to educate yourself a bit on cars and racing. There is no way a car running 90mph needs slicks, or any other mod to "HOOK UP". If you take offense thats because you know your full of BS. Be honest with yourself, you dont have a very powerful car.

Do you really think if you "HOOKED UP" your car would be much faster? I dont. Get some power and then make a suspension that will put it to the ground. IMHO your wasting your time with any mod to improve traction when your power level is so low. Thats not a shot its just the truth.

THE BEACON OF REALITY...... is here to help

TRD-SOLARA.....12.77@106.7
NO SLICKS, just a BIG turbo.............
can you say INCON
Old 08-06-2001, 07:51 AM   #28
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Gee Thanks

------------------
88 mustang gt convertible bored to 306 BBk equal length headers mac cold air fender kit 3.73 FMS gears cowl hood nitto drag radials ford racing clutch flow masters h-pipe 160* thermostat 16 degrees of timing electric fan off 94' t-bird jacobs electronics cap and wires. Edelbrock 1 1/2 inch drop springs.
Old 08-06-2001, 05:34 PM   #29
AJSTANG
Registered Member

The conv. swaybar is thicker 1 7/8'. Remove it for a better weight transfer and 60 ft times. Subframes help, as well as, slicks for better traction. It takes a lot of Hp to get these heavy verts down the track. Good luck!

------------------
'93 GT Conv.
TFS Twisted Wedge Heads, Cobra Intake, Lunati Cam, 24lb inj.,Pro-M 80 mm MAF
13.24 @ 106.40 mph w/2.05sec/60ft
AJSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 11:27 AM   #30
LX5liter
dude5l

Why make more power if you can't get what you've got to the ground? Are you implying his times wouldn't be better with traction? He would know if he was spinning i'm sure. Someone needs to educate themselves on physics.
Quote:
Originally posted by GP6T:
Im not really trying to pick you or your car apart. I just think you need to educate yourself a bit on cars and racing. There is no way a car running 90mph needs slicks, or any other mod to "HOOK UP". If you take offense thats because you know your full of BS. Be honest with yourself, you dont have a very powerful car.

Do you really think if you "HOOKED UP" your car would be much faster? I dont. Get some power and then make a suspension that will put it to the ground. IMHO your wasting your time with any mod to improve traction when your power level is so low. Thats not a shot its just the truth.

THE BEACON OF REALITY...... is here to help

TRD-SOLARA.....12.77@106.7
NO SLICKS, just a BIG turbo.............
can you say INCON

------------------
B.R.
L.X. 5.0 coupe
Cruise control,power mirrors,...and Thats it!
LX5liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 04:16 PM   #31
95mustanggt
Registered Member

I'm no drag race expert, but I can use my head and know physics pretty good.

If you spin and a beginning of the track, with out moving forward then the ET will be higher and the MPH should be the same.

However if you spin as you move forward or spin when changine gears, you are effectively reducing the time you have to get to top speed. There for it is possible to have lots of HP, have poor traction and have a low MPH.

Just my $0.02

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 11:18 PM   #32
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Since I originaly started this post I have gone to the track again.

To my surprise the nittos hooked up much better with 30lbs than they did with 14lbs

This time I hardly spun at all cause I have gotten used to the gears and this time the track wasnt wet I know that had to help

I got my time down to a 15.29 @90 I was cutting 2.10 60fts and then the car would not pull for sh!t.

WELL I FIGURED IT OUT!!! for sure this time as much as I hate to say it GTP6 was right I was having a power problem.

On the way home I was thinking what could it be and I decided to drop the exhaust and check the cats.

The screens in my cats looked more like a saucer with holes poked in it than a screen

I am going to put on an off road H-pipe and take it back again.

Wish me luck

------------------
Old 08-10-2001, 09:18 PM   #33
GP6T
Registered Member

LX5liter- Getting a car with a 90mph trap speed to "HOOK UP" is not a daunting task my friend. 90 mph indicates a shade over 200 CRANK hp. Again not a shot, just fact. I'm sure you think your car runs 10's right. Why dont you get it to the track and find out the truth. You will be in the same boat as my buddy 5.0HO. Looks like someone else needs a Physics/drag racing 101 refresher coarse.

95mustanggt- You are right on one point. Your not an expert. Generally a traction problem is indicated by a mph that is to high for the ET. In this case 15.2@90 indicates NO real traction problem, but being an expert like yourself I'm sure you know that.

5.0HO- It takes a MAN to admit that he is not 100% right. I apoligize if some of my comments were prick like, but like they say, "If the shoe fits"
I would bet you have a bit more power in that thing, you just need to find it. Connsidereing your mods I would think you should be a bit faster, especially with slicks or drag radials. Remember your trap speed does not lie. If you can get it up to around 100mph, slicks will make a difference. I just dont think so with a 90MPH trap. IMHO

Most of all.....have fun and dont get discouraged.
<kissy kissy---------->off>